grounding screw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
brian john said:
We had one that required both a decent guy little hard headed, I was an apprentice and was told to move all the pigtails to the factory hole. Luckily most had been installed in the "correct hole" (per the inspector)

This guy had a personal thing about this issue and I was told by our super it was easier to comply.

While I have not used one of these in years, IMO they are junk o wee junk maybe they have improved.

I would have an issue with this guy. What difference does it make if I use any of the threaded holes in the back of the box? I'd bet that he would accept a nearly useless grounding clip but not using the wrong hole. Shouldn't common sense play a part in the inspection process?

brian john

Trevor: I agree, but my boss at the time taught me a valuable lesson, learn when to pick your fights. let the little things go, you may need the good karma in the major fight later.

I worked with this particular inspector for years and he was a decent guy and for the most part a fair inspector this was his belief and as long as one was aware of it posed no problem.

Years later when we would do emergency repairs of a switchgear, we would call him at home in the middle of the night, he would give us leeway in allowing us to work and pass the job without a valid permit (he would come to the job), allowing us to get the power on. The next day we would get the permit. Under local rules he was allowed to do this but did not have too. Small price to pay for relocating a few screws 10 years earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.