Trailer Generator System Bonding Jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
My experience with larger trailer generators is limited (larger would be 25 KW and up)
Do any of these (rental fleet in particular) have an easy way to install a system bonding jumper, such as a busbar?

IME they usually have a good-size lug on the case or frame, and at least one spare lug on the neutral bar. Some also have a ground bar, otherwise you might have to add lugs to the neutral bar and use the one bar for tieing in the EGC & GEC. (I'm assuming here that this is single generator operated as an SDS, and completely independent of any other system.)

Last edited:

Rick Christopherson

In most cases, generators out of rental fleets are already bonded because that is their primary rental usage need. When you rent the generator, simply request that it be bonded.

On some of the newer generators I saw at the PowerGen show, they now had a simple bonding jumper right at the bus.

In most cases, generators out of rental fleets are already bonded because that is their primary rental usage need. When you rent the generator, simply request that it be bonded.

On some of the newer generators I saw at the PowerGen show, they now had a simple bonding jumper right at the bus.

This is also what I see.
These generators are either new or newer, or some have seen better days. I suggest always checking for the SBJ as someone before you may have removed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.