rate work

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidtite

Ohh so she's looking into what listing the jobs was under, it should be listed as commercial . I didn't know that pw differs from state to fed ,the jobs I was on were all federal . I remember some post on here said that if I wasn't in an approved apprentice program I should get jw wages , does this still apply for fed pw ? In your guys opion the stubs that I posted on here look underpaid ? I ask thes questions bc when I talk to the lady from dol I'd like to know what I'm talking about so I'm not in the dark . I also asked the guy that I was working under on some of these jobs with and he wasn't geting paid jman wages when it was just the two of us . If theirs only two guys on job wouldn't he have to pay one guy at jm wage. Also what happens if he is found guilty but he files bankruptcy? He is deff doing something shady or their would be no reason why he wouldn't tell me the rate I'm getting paid .

growler

If theirs only two guys on job wouldn't he have to pay one guy at jm wage.

It doesn't matter how many people that are on the job. If you are doing electrical work and you are not part of a recognized apprenticeship program then you get paid as a JM.

Electrial work is running conduit and pull wire. Fetch and carry is laborer. Laborers are not allowed to do any electrical work.

If two guys are working togather they are probably both doing electrical work. The very minute they ask you to bend a pipe or pull a rope.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Ohh so she's looking into what listing the jobs was under, it should be listed as commercial . I didn't know that pw differs from state to fed ,the jobs I was on were all federal . I remember some post on here said that if I wasn't in an approved apprentice program I should get jw wages , does this still apply for fed pw ? In your guys opion the stubs that I posted on here look underpaid ? I ask thes questions bc when I talk to the lady from dol I'd like to know what I'm talking about so I'm not in the dark . I also asked the guy that I was working under on some of these jobs with and he wasn't geting paid jman wages when it was just the two of us . If theirs only two guys on job wouldn't he have to pay one guy at jm wage. Also what happens if he is found guilty but he files bankruptcy? He is deff doing something shady or their would be no reason why he wouldn't tell me the rate I'm getting paid .

Ya gotta pay attention:

Your project was federal (Davis-Bacon), it's NOT prevailing wage (state). In NYC there is no separation for electricians into foreman, journeman, and apprentice.

Again, see my post above for more info.

gadfly56

Occupation
It doesn't matter how many people that are on the job. If you are doing electrical work and you are not part of a recognized apprenticeship program then you get paid as a JM.

Electrial work is running conduit and pull wire. Fetch and carry is laborer. Laborers are not allowed to do any electrical work.

If two guys are working togather they are probably both doing electrical work. The very minute they ask you to bend a pipe or pull a rope.

Not for this job in this case. It's Davis-Bacon, in NYC. There is only one rate for electricians.

liquidtite

So you said in your earlyier post davidbacon wage is 50ph , I was onnly getting paid 25 ph so he's shorting me if its pw or bacon wage

__dan

Collecting on the debt may place you in line with the other creditors, but depending on the state statutes, "failure to pay wages" could be a criminal charge subjecting him to arrest, prosecution, and maybe even jail time.

In Ct, in a wage dispute the law allows you double the difference plus attorney fee, at least last time I checked. Take a look at the labor law statutes for where you are, should be some interesting reading. DOL should be able to give you some code references to look up.

liquidtite

I called dol two mouths ago they still havnt gotten back to me .i left five messages no call back , last I spoke to them was the lady told me that a rep from the building would be contacting the general contractors to see what the contracts states I should be getting paid.this was two mouths ago and no answer .ive left 5 messages since then no reply

gadfly56

Occupation
I called dol two mouths ago they still havnt gotten back to me .i left five messages no call back , last I spoke to them was the lady told me that a rep from the building would be contacting the general contractors to see what the contracts states I should be getting paid.this was two mouths ago and no answer .ive left 5 messages since then no reply

And people wonder why the government pays $500 for a hammer...

It may be time to escalate to the written word. Send a follow up letter. Send a copy of that letter, detailing your problems and apparent lack of response to your U.S. representative. They love a chance to help the "little guy" against the forces of oppression. Take advantage of that impulse. For the cost of two first class stamps, what do you have to lose?

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
And people wonder why the government pays $500 for a hammer...

It may be time to escalate to the written word. Send a follow up letter. Send a copy of that letter, detailing your problems and apparent lack of response to your U.S. representative. They love a chance to help the "little guy" against the forces of oppression. Take advantage of that impulse. For the cost of two first class stamps, what do you have to lose?

what's the law on a mechanics lien in this state?

i can file one here, for a dollar.

they can't get a certificate of occupancy on anything
i worked on, until that is lifted.

i've gotten stiffed twice in 30 years from an EC.
once was as an apprentice. four months vacation money,
benefits, etc.

all i did was ask the apprenticeship director what to
do.... by the end of the day, as i was a state indentured
apprentice, the apprenticeship office had filed a mechanics
lien on every house in a 90 house tract that i'd helped trim
out.

all the benefits (of the entire crew) were paid by cashiers
check by close of business the following day, by the developer.

this is why apprentices are so valuable. when a muppet
gets cheated, it's sort of a grizzly bear/cubs thing.
everyone gets involved. ;-p

if it was me, i'd get a lien filed today, and then include
the lien filing number on all correspondence, and CC
the project manager of the job for the general contractor,
as well.

and if the property is something in escrow, so much the
better.

best of all, if the property records without you getting paid,
in calif. you can claim the title to the property against the
title insurance company.

the title insurance company, after being beaten with a club
fashioned from a mean attorney, will end up transferring
the title to the property to you in full.

i know a guy who ended up with a $700k morgage in exchange
for a $300 service call.....

ELEC0003-001 11/09/2011

Rates Fringes

ELECTRICIAN
Electricians................$ 51.00 23.672
Jobbing, and maintenance
and repair work.............$ 25.30 15.13+a

PAID HOLIDAYS:

a. New Years Day, Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday,
Washington's Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day,
Labor Day, Columbus Day, Election Day, Thanksgiving Day,
the day after Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TRADE #[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DECISION #[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]UPDATED[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ADDITIONAL NOTES (May or May-Not Apply)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ELEC0003-001[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NY130003 08/16/2013 NY3[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]11/09/2011[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PAID HOLIDAYS:

a. New Years Day, Martin Luther King, Jr.s Birthday, Washingtons Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Election Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day

[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]STATE[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CONSTRUCTION TYPE[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]COUNTY[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PREAMBLE[/FONT]
[FONT=erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New York[/FONT][FONT=erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Building, Heavy, Highway,Residential[/FONT][FONT=erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Counties: Bronx, Kings, New York, Queens and Richmond Counties in New York.[/FONT][FONT=erdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BUILDING & RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS (includes single family homes and apartments up to and including 4 stories), HEAVY AND HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.