Afci receptacle closeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopowr steve

Occupation
Electrical contractor
Probably because no regular right minded homeowner would buy them!
Which just leaves us electricians waa-waa

mopowr steve

Occupation
Electrical contractor
Maybe the loss in sales of this product will send a message especially from a mogul home improvement store to the manufacturers.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Lowes.com has them at $27.00
Hmmm....

Lowes.com search returns 23 breakers and 0 afci receptacles for me. Going broad and honing to Electrical Outlets (401 under All Products tab), afci is not even listed in Function Type under Refine Results.

iwire

Staff member
Hmmm....

Lowes.com search returns 23 breakers and 0 afci receptacles for me. Going broad and honing to Electrical Outlets (401 under All Products tab), afci is not even listed in Function Type under Refine Results.

I believe you would have to get up off your rear and go in person ... I know .... How 1990s

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I believe you would have to get up off your rear and go in person ... I know .... How 1990s
Perhaps... but I was replying to Dennis' post stating Lowes.com listed them at $27. Granted it was several hours later, but perhaps a sign they had already discontinued all of them via web purchase.

Anyway, except for special orders or something my local store does not have in stock, I do get up off my rear and go in person. It has been my experience with "buy online, pickup in store" that I can go to store, gather up items, and physically check out in less time than checking in at the pickup counter and waiting for them to bring my order up front.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Must be a CA thing.

Here is the SKU. 658411
Try a CA zip code ,

Still have them at another nearby store. I think I have enough for quite a while.
The link is good but price shows as $28.97. Shows zero in stock at all nearby stores.

Lack of finding earlier could be that "AFCI" is not mentioned anywhere in title or description... which doesn't surprise me in the least on Lowes.com.

That's right 11.59.
The checker gave a double take . The computer came up as discontinued .
I hope there is no problems with these.
I hate the afci thing but at this price I'll put them in when I add a outlet.
I wondering if I should get more.

Status
Not open for further replies.