Windows update.. how long do I wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
I have to laugh about all this concern for exploits affecting no longer supported (or soon to be) OS's anyway. You're going to love Windows 10. Microsoft has built in exploits that make most of the stuff you worry about light weight. Ever wonder why the NSA threw in the towel so easily when the courts told them to stop evesdropping on us? With the cloud and now Win 10 they must be like kids in a candy store! -Hal

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I'd be interested in knowing if you've had any problems with updating Firefox. I recently had to download a newer version and since then each time I click on a link a warning pops up and asks if I trust the site. In some cases it doesn't even give me that option indicating that the security certificate for the site is not valid.

firefox most likely is a bit more security conscious than other browsers.
there is a reason it's used in the TOR project.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I have to laugh about all this concern for exploits affecting no longer supported (or soon to be) OS's anyway. You're going to love Windows 10. Microsoft has built in exploits that make most of the stuff you worry about light weight. Ever wonder why the NSA threw in the towel so easily when the courts told them to stop evesdropping on us? With the cloud and now Win 10 they must be like kids in a candy store! -Hal

if a person is really concerned about their personal privacy, the simplest solution is to
purchase a computer running OSX with cash, encrypt the hard drive, download firefox
for TOR, install it, and then go forth into the internet, not providing any user
identifiable information.

if that isn't enough, put on a tinfoil hat, and go here....

http://www.ironkey.com/en-US/encrypted-storage-drives/250-personal.html

an interesting fact, is that they provide on this fips level 3 hardened device, a copy of firefox for
secure internet browsing.

Status
Not open for further replies.