Labor Factoring In Conest

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFletcher

158hrs (or 221) labor to run 2 200' runs of 4" EMT with 2 90s and no field bends attached to concrete 12' on the first floor, and pull in 500MCM? There were no hubs or connectors in the program, so no way to terminate anything in a panel. 2 guys 2 weeks or 4 guys a week to do that? wth am I missing? That low number still seems awfully high.

cdslotz

158hrs (or 221) labor to run 2 200' runs of 4" EMT with 2 90s and no field bends attached to concrete 12' on the first floor, and pull in 500MCM? There were no hubs or connectors in the program, so no way to terminate anything in a panel. 2 guys 2 weeks or 4 guys a week to do that? wth am I missing? That low number still seems awfully high.

The video was an example of a feeder run, so it wasn't important to have every connector, LB, or termination. The example was to contrast the labor factored and not factored in the conduit/ftgs and wire pull.

You obviously don't use labor units or a program for estimating. You apparently look at jobs and take a guess of....2 men 2 weeks should be enough. You may be right. And you may be able to pull that off.
When feeders like this are mixed in with a hundred other feeders on any given job, and you're sending your crews to do the work, in the end, it will all even out.

I've used these same units for over 30 years, so has all of my competition....

"What am I missing" you ask?........you're either leaving money on the table or putting your labor costs at risk

JFletcher

You apparently look at jobs and take a guess of....2 men 2 weeks should be enough.

Actually no, that was a simplified way of putting the program's 158hrs into perspective. 2 men for 2 weeks (40hr/wk) is 160, close enough to 158.

The programs I'm sure are accurate much of the time though this example must be incredibly poor just to illustrate a point. In a real installation, those conduits are going to panels/switchgear and the 500s are landed. What the program calculated is worthless since it is a partial job, one that would never be installed as programmed in.

You are correct tho that I am probably leaving some money on the table.

lakecitieselectric, you are probably calculating the entire job, a real install, with terminations and panel connections, time to punch the KOs from the gear, etc.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
interesting......

using the same program, I followed along with the video entering the same values, and I came up with 109/hrs vs. their 158/hrs.

my labor factors are the same, but my version of intellibid has 4" EMT labor unit as .09, while this video shows it at like .15.

screenshot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.