Best Way of Gaining Clientele

Status
Not open for further replies.

stroudm1

Hello,

I have recently started my own electrical consulting business on the side. I am a licensed professional engineer and have the permits required to begin work as a home business. For all the consulting engineers out there I'm curious how you met potential clients to build your portfolio. I met another engineer who has been feeding me side projects but I want to step out on my own to develop those relationships. I've attended architect meetings to network with those who have their own business with a need to hire an electrical engineer but wondering what else I could do. I appreciate any advice anyone is willing to give.

Thanks!

PCEC

Go knock on doors, try civil and mechanical engineers. Architects are good but engineers have industrial jobs that pay really well and are interesting too.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
One way to set yourself apart is to develop a niche expertise. That will encourage larger MEP firms to bring you on board for that specialty. That in turn will get you exposure to their clients who may later contact you directly (careful not to step on current relationships; don't bite the hand that fed you) to become part of their team if that MEP firm for whatever reason is not involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.