Problem With Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Not sure if any of you have run into this but the latest update of Office 365 apparently blocks attached document in word. Docx files would not open when they were sent to me in the mail. I had to go into Options/trust center/protected view and unmark all three boxes before I could get the docs to open.

Just thought I'd throw this out there if anyone is having that issue.

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Not sure if any of you have run into this but the latest update of Office 365 apparently blocks attached document in word. Docx files would not open when they were sent to me in the mail. I had to go into Options/trust center/protected view and unmark all three boxes before I could get the docs to open.

My version of Word is ancient (at least 10 years old) and they haven't figured out how to make me upgrade yet. :lol:

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer

I wonder whether there might be some signature/trust protocol that the creator of the document (e.g. Microsoft Word) might attach to it?
The problem is that the docx format allows for powerful enough executables (macros, links to URLs or programs, etc.) that an uncontrolled document creation program could put nasty malware into .docx.
The other alternative is to open them in Word with all active content disabled.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
My version of Word is ancient (at least 10 years old) and they haven't figured out how to make me upgrade yet. :lol:

I have a great deal. My sister works for Microsoft so I pay $25/year and I always have the latest versions of Office 365--word,excel, powerpoint, etc

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
I wonder whether there might be some signature/trust protocol that the creator of the document (e.g. Microsoft Word) might attach to it?
The problem is that the docx format allows for powerful enough executables (macros, links to URLs or programs, etc.) that an uncontrolled document creation program could put nasty malware into .docx.
The other alternative is to open them in Word with all active content disabled.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I suspect that is MS way of protecting use from malware in a doc.

rian0201

you could also right click, properties then unblock. this also happens to win10 exe files downloaded or coming from internet..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.