Tap Block Labor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

Looking for a little help. If you have to connect 1 set of 4 #500 in a pull box and the "incoming" and "outgoing" set of wires where in the box already cut just waiting to be connected to this block how long would you say to connect the 8 # 500 wires. I'm thinking to shape, wrangle and tape?? it would be 1 guys about 2.5 hours.

I know the pic shows a 6 port.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 0

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
If the 8 conductors are cut to length and stripped I would figure 2 hours with an impact gun and a torque wrench so 2.5 is probably good.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I misread your question, there are 4 conductors in and 4 conductors out? So you're using four 2-port connectors? The 6 port in the photo confused me. I would say 1 hour.

cdslotz

A #500 term is a #500 term.

What does your estimating program require for a #500 term?

multiply that times the number of terms...in this case x4

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
.63 per 500 term. so a little over 1/2 hour. But I think 5 hours is too much.

And I think you are foolish to think that unless you have 20 of them to do on the job. Use the hours that have been developed with years of study. If that operation takes less time, I can pretty much promise you the law of averages will give you something else that takes more time. Respectfully, you think too much sometimes. I suffer from the same disorder. Resist it.

Status
Not open for further replies.