600 THHN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

NECA normal labor column uses 48 hours per thousand. I've always used around 41 hours per thousand for a standard installation scenario and the guys usually beat that. Same goes for any of you? Thanks,

growler

NECA normal labor column uses 48 hours per thousand. I've always used around 41 hours per thousand for a standard installation scenario and the guys usually beat that. Same goes for any of you? Thanks,

Down south we work slower because of the heat and we are lazy. :happyyes:

Actually I think it would be hard to come up with accurate numbers unless you factor in many different types of pulls over many years. You can often do a 500 ft. pull just about as fast as a 200 ft pull but the amount of cable will be much greater.

Before anyone says it will take longer, I know that but usually not 2.5 times as long.

There is one thing I know about pulling cable, sooner or later you run into one that really sucks and takes more time than you would ever dream possible. Every thing that you can think of goes wrong and then some things you couldn't even imagine goes wrong.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
A highly skilled cable pulling team should easily beat your estimate as long as they have everything that they need. A bunch of neophytes trying to pull 600's will probably lose you money every time. Also buy the 600's (actually any larger cable) with the pulling eyes already attached, typically only adds about $100 to the cost of the cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.