Design Build/Estimating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys been a long time follower of the forum but my first post here. I have recently moved from the field to be our in house estimator. Our company does design-build multi-million dollar projects all the way down to build-outs. The first few jobs I have estimated are between $80,000 and $800,000. Most of those jobs we had an electrical engineer involved with a set of prints where the design stage for me was pretty minimal. Spec jobs are always a bit easier for me at the beginning because there is a lot of questions already spelled out. So with that little bit of background it leads me to my question/post for this thread. I have been dropped a print of a design/build shell building, no electrical information included, therefore sizing the building tends to be giving me a run around. The building is a 10,560 sq. ft. rectangle, there is a 2,000 sq. ft showroom/office area, 4,000 sq. ft. service shop for heavy machinery, and 4,500 sq. ft. warehouse. Warehouse is pretty self explanatory but will take insight on it, the office/showroom is pretty much the same, but I'm struggling with the service shop. The information I have been given is, multiple welders, one large air compressor, parts washer, electric steam cleaner, potential overhead crane, exhaust system, and hvac is up in the air. With that being said how can I go about getting a service sized off this information? It makes me :sick: in the face because I want to know these things to provide a better budget number for the customer. Please advise any insight on how to size this service. The utility has confirmed 277/480v main feed coming in, just don't know how to size this thing...any help is greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.