Jobsite Positioning System

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave04

Hi guys, first time posting to the forum and looking for some insight. My small company is growing at a pretty steady tick, (fortunately) but sometimes the growing pains get overwhelming and expensive. One project I've just picked up has a pretty aggressive timeline on getting the underground done, and I may need to pick up a job site positioning system so I'm not running around with a 100' tape measure. I've seen the Trimble system in action but 30 grand is not in my budget. Anybody have some user (and budget) friendly suggestions? Thanks in advance

-Dave

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Hi guys, first time posting to the forum and looking for some insight. My small company is growing at a pretty steady tick, (fortunately) but sometimes the growing pains get overwhelming and expensive. One project I've just picked up has a pretty aggressive timeline on getting the underground done, and I may need to pick up a job site positioning system so I'm not running around with a 100' tape measure. I've seen the Trimble system in action but 30 grand is not in my budget. Anybody have some user (and budget) friendly suggestions? Thanks in advance

-Dave

see if you can rent something.
even better, is hire a surveying company to lay out for you.

if you have a difference of opinion with the plumber, the plumber
usually does't have to move. you do, in my experience. :weeping:

i had a 5 acre project to lay out, and the surveyor took three hours
to do the entire thing. it all worked well, but he laid out EVERYONE'S
stuff, so we were all in agreement.

he came back after i slurried the ducts, but before backfill. did asbuilts.
everything, with inverses.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
My company invested in the Trimble system and sent a few guys for training. Probably cost them near $50k. They used it for one job and haven't used it since. I didn't not use it personally but from what I was told it was somewhat cumbersome for the deck layouts they were doing. I have seen tin knockers use it but not many other trades. Maybe someone who has used it for your specific application will chime in. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.