Home Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
Tried doing estimates at the coffee shop, but waitress always bugging-- want more coffee? Everything good?
Translation: "Why are you taking up on of my valuable tables? Don't you know I work for tips?" :)
With plenty of empty tables, and bill paid, no more coffee, water, or concern. If tip gets picked up, reload tip & ask for refills.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
bose QC on ear or around ear are nice. bear in mind they wont cancel 100% of noise. but they certainly take the edge off.

My son has the Bose in-ear noise canceling earbuds.... they are incredible.

I use airpods at my desk when I’m really trying to focus in on work. Not quite as nice as the Bose, but they work for me. Listening to music is the best thing for me to focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
You know my office is like 10 minutes down the road, and I’ve never liked working at home. But sitting here now working at home and thought about this thread.

My son is at soccer, my bonus daughter is at gymnastics, and I’m just chilling with this mule trying to catch up. Today was kinda crap and I didn’t feel like looking at my desk any longer, plus, I can’t drink this mule and then drive home.

This is actually kinda ok. I think maybe I do need a home office.

373a47028d0833dca56591047c26257d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Why wouldn't you claim it??

The requirements are fairly strict. It can't be a multipurpose space, like the kitchen table a few hours a week. It has to be dedicated to the business function. Plus, now you have to keep track of all the depreciation you claim and deduct that from the purchase price of the house when you go to sell it. Well, assuming you're over however many hundred thousands of dollars it takes until you don't qualify for the pass on paying tax on the capital gains on the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.