Home Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Office

For those of you that do not have a dedicated home office space, what do you do to have a quiet place to work on estimates and bids?

Or maybe you have a home office now but early in your career you had young kids, wife, no office and you had to make do with what you had. What did you do to be able to spread papers out, and focus on detailed estimates?

Kitchen table and Family-canceling headset (aka noise canceling).

Comment

Stay single....
      Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

"You can't generalize"

Comment

My truck makes an excellent office space. Lighting is adjustable. Quiet if I want, music or news otherwise. Always the perfect temperature. I can adjust the view out the window to suit my liking. People will even hand me breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert through the window. Laptop and a tank of gas is all you need.

Comment

Originally posted by electrofelon View Post
          Stay single....
          Too late for me

Comment

Originally posted by Chamuit View Post
            Kitchen table and Family-canceling headset (aka noise canceling).
            That would be a great investment for me..noise cancelling headset...what brand do you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by Coppersmith View Post
              Too late for me

Me too

Comment

Originally posted by Coppersmith View Post
                My truck makes an excellent office space. Lighting is adjustable. Quiet if I want, music or news otherwise. Always the perfect temperature. I can adjust the view out the window to suit my liking. People will even hand me breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert through the window. Laptop and a tank of gas is all you need.

Lol. You are right. Have you spent considerable time working in your truck??

Comment

I had a home office space, and a shop office for quite a while now. Getting up early was still the best method. Wife and kids both need attention.
                  Tom
                  TBLO

Comment

Originally posted by DBoone View Post
                    Lol. You are right. Have you spent considerable time working in your truck??
                    Definitely during the work day including breaks. Considered often when I'm home as my home office computer has way too many distractions loaded and it's not very quiet in the house.

Comment

That would be a great investment for me..noise cancelling headset...what brand do you recommend?
                      bose QC on ear or around ear are nice. bear in mind they wont cancel 100% of noise. but they certainly take the edge off.

Comment

Originally posted by drktmplr12 View Post
                        bose QC on ear or around ear are nice. bear in mind they wont cancel 100% of noise. but they certainly take the edge off.

Thanks!

Comment

yes i've a home office, no i don't claim it for taxes ~RJ~

Comment

For those of you that do not have a dedicated home office space, what do you do to have a quiet place to work on estimates and bids?
                            Just in my bedroom with my laptop. I spread the papers on my bed and figure stuff out. It usually doesn't take me long because I have a formula that usually works well and comes out with a fair price for most of my bids.

Comment

Originally posted by romex jockey View Post
                              yes i've a home office, no i don't claim it for taxes ~RJ~
                              Why wouldn't you claim it??

Comment

Working...
                              X