Sleeve Setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleeve Setting

What would be the best way/procedure to set these sleeves in poured concrete slab? They are going in a telecom closet? Thank you!
    Attached Files

Unistrut supported to the for work or set on the metal decking. Depending on the construction type.

Sent from my LGL157BL using Tapatalk
    Some people are like slinkies. They serve absolutely no useful purpose. But still put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by masterinbama View Post
      Unistrut supported to the for work or set on the metal decking. Depending on the construction type.

There will be metal decking.

Comment

Originally posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
        There will be metal decking.
        Drill the decking and support them with strut laid flat on it.

Some people are like slinkies. They serve absolutely no useful purpose. But still put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Comment

The space between them needs to be at least 3x the size of the largest aggregate. Did the architects allow for that?

Comment

What would be the best way/procedure to set these sleeves in poured concrete slab? They are going in a telecom closet? Thank you!
            If it's metal deck then are you drilling a hole in the metal for each sleeve?

Originally posted by drcampbell View Post
            The space between them needs to be at least 3x the size of the largest aggregate. Did the architects allow for that?
            Typically these areas of the deck are designed to accommodate what is shown in the detail.
            Rob

All responses based on the 2017 NEC unless otherwise noted

Comment

Originally posted by infinity View Post
              If it's metal deck then are you drilling a hole in the metal for each sleeve?

Typically these areas of the deck are designed to accommodate what is shown in the detail.
              so your asking about cutting metal deck? also how is the area or that slot accommodated for? thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

so your asking about cutting metal deck? also how is the area or that slot accommodated for? thanks
                Yes, if there's a metal deck are you drilling a hole in the metal to allow the sleeve to penetrate to the ceiling below or are they leaving a big open slot to accommodate the sleeves?
                Rob

All responses based on the 2017 NEC unless otherwise noted

Comment

Sometimes I wait and core drill

Comment

Yes, if there's a metal deck are you drilling a hole in the metal to allow the sleeve to penetrate to the ceiling below or are they leaving a big open slot to accommodate the sleeves?
                    well i wish i knew.

Comment

Originally posted by masterinbama View Post
                      Sometimes I wait and core drill

that would be a lot more time consuming.

Comment

that would be a lot more time consuming.

And costly.

Comment

Yes, if there's a metal deck are you drilling a hole in the metal to allow the sleeve to penetrate to the ceiling below or [COLOR="#FF0000"]are they leaving a big open slot to accommodate the sleeves?[/COLOR]
                          This is the best way to do it. No muss, no fuss, and you just pack it all with fire sealant after the sleeves are set.

Comment

One of your men need to be there during the rebar installation.

Comment

Originally posted by gadfly56 View Post
                              This is the best way to do it. No muss, no fuss, and you just pack it all with fire sealant after the sleeves are set.
                              So if the leave a slot how are the sleeves supported? I'm thinking you strap them to strut that would span the opening?

Comment

Working...
                              X