Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tying In New Recept.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Tying In New Recept.

    Curious, when adding a new receptacle right next to existing ones( there is no circuiting info) what need to be considered? What comes to my mind is:

    [LIST][*]Is the circuit already fully loaded( shouldn’t be)[*]Wiring method( have to use flex) since existing wall.[/LIST]

    Would you tie right into the receptacle right next to it or run up to box in ceiling?

    Thanks.
    Attached Files

    #2
    I would ask before proceeding on a guess.
    Master Electrician
    Electrical Contractor
    Richmond, VA

    Comment


      #3
      Without more information, I'd do it the easy way.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
        Without more information, I'd do it the easy way.
        All new??

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
          Curious, when adding a new receptacle right next to existing ones( there is no circuiting info) what need to be considered? What comes to my mind is:

          [LIST][*]Is the circuit already fully loaded( shouldn’t be)[*]Wiring method( have to use flex) since existing wall.[/LIST]

          Would you tie right into the receptacle right next to it or run up to box in ceiling?

          Thanks.
          Originally posted by LarryFine View Post
          I would ask before proceeding on a guess.
          Ask for sure. What is this new receptacle to be used for ? Did the fire marshal want them to get rid of power strip and all equipment is existing or are they bringing in more new equipment.
          The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

          Comment


            #6
            Pig tail.

            Comment

            Working...
            X