MCB TO MLO

Status
Not open for further replies.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I can also buy pump panels for less than I can buy the NEMA starter they house.

And yes for the NF breakers, to get best deal just purchase a main lug panel and the breakers you need, then throw the panel and cabinet on the scrap pile. will cost less than if you just purchased the breakers you needed. Always throw a few extra breakers on an order as well for any commonly needed replacements or expected future additions to have on hand.

This is pretty common. It costs money to process orders and maintain part numbers for all the little pieces and keep them as separate parts so they encourage you to buy composite parts.

AB has started making NEMA starters out of IEC contactors these days. They still charge like they are NEMA starters but the actual contactors and overloads are IEC. They basically oversize them so they can meet the NEMA standards and mount them on a plate that is the same size as the NEMA starter it replaces.

I can also buy pump panels for less than I can buy the NEMA starter they house.

And yes for the NF breakers, to get best deal just purchase a main lug panel and the breakers you need, then throw the panel and cabinet on the scrap pile. will cost less than if you just purchased the breakers you needed. Always throw a few extra breakers on an order as well for any commonly needed replacements or expected future additions to have on hand.

Agree except you can usually buy larger frame breakers at some of these online breaker places for the "bought with panel price". I'd like to see their scrap pile ;)

kwired

Electron manager
Agree except you can usually buy larger frame breakers at some of these online breaker places for the "bought with panel price". I'd like to see their scrap pile ;)
I have gotten breakers from some of those before when needing just one.

Is possible if you are high enough volume purchaser you get better pricing and might be able to get a decent price on just one breaker here or there, I'm certainly not in that category so I don't really know.

I have gotten breakers from some of those before when needing just one.

Is possible if you are high enough volume purchaser you get better pricing and might be able to get a decent price on just one breaker here or there, I'm certainly not in that category so I don't really know.

FWIW Siemens now has a program where you can get the "with panel price" on breakers after the fact. I dont recall what the time frame allowance is from when you bought the panelboard.

kwired

Electron manager
FWIW Siemens now has a program where you can get the "with panel price" on breakers after the fact. I dont recall what the time frame allowance is from when you bought the panelboard.
I have had to make changes after receiving products with Square D before and gotten additional items added to the original job quote. Same thing though, don't know how long after initial purchase they will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.