Pricing Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelley

Occupation
Estimator
Hi guys,

We are looking to add a pricing service to our estimating program (Conest Intellibid), NetPricer or Tra-ser.
Does anyone have any experience with either?

ease of use
features
cost
# of seats
etc.

Thanks for your help!

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Pricing Service

We use NetPricer with Intellibid; it’s right on about half the database. Suppliers blame NetPricer, NetPricer blames suppliers.... i can’t say for sure who is right. The thing you have to do is make sure your database material SKU’s match your supplier SKU’s, and using different suppliers that is tough.

If you’re using Intellibid now you know there can be multiples of the same material as it offers SKU’s from different manufacturers.

I have changed the bulk of my assemblies to make sure they are using the correct SKU; this fixed most of the pricing errors on items I use but not all of them, which is why I’m not certain who can be to blame for errors. I have added material that is not in the Intellibid database but is in my supplier’s using the manufacturer catalog numbers and it seems to always pull the correct price. A common error in the program is that the supplier might have an item in the system priced per 100 or 1000, and NetPricer sees this as a per item price, and I end up with $7000 worth of screws on a $100k job.

I’ve been at this long enough that I can glance through the material summary and catch something out of whack. Just sort them highest to lowest on price and work your way down. I always double-check the copper prices, and if it’s anything over half a million I usually have my supplier quote the bulk of the material package anyway.

Also, I don’t think they price per seat. We pay like $10/mo for each connected supplier.

As for features, it’s just a plug-in inside of Intellibid.... there is a button on the menu for NetPricer, you click it and it updates pricing, then click the recalculate button and you’re done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.