Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you bid new homes by square foot i have a Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bullheimer View Post
    i made out awesome on a whole house rewire i just did with NO DEMO at $10/sf.

Am i that used to POVERTY that i don't even know it????

in other words, some helpful information instead of not. THANKS!
    Four questions...

Are you happy with the money you make now?
    apparently not, your asking for comparisons.

Do you have vacation time?

Do you work more than you want to?

Do you have a retirement plan, or will you be forced to work until you die to make ends meet?

these are questions you need to ask yourself regarding your pricing plan.
    I personally know electricians with lake or beach houses (one has both!),

I know one that is good, and WAY too cheap. He works seven days a week, but is scared to raise his prices.
    He was in it in 2008 and it almost did him in.

Ask yourself, which one are you...

Comment

I was a 'slum spark' after the crash , but hey, i figure we're all riding that housing bubble for what it's worth....~RJ~

Comment

i would like s.f. replys only...in other words, some helpful information instead of not. THANKS!
        It’s your business. Charge whatever & however TF you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        [COLOR="Blue"]Brought to you by Carl's Jr.[/COLOR]

Comment

judging from the posts i searched under square footage, i didn't think i'd get a ton of replies, but this is way less than i thought.......
          i would like s.f. replys only UNLESS you have a price per circuit. like $1000 for septic or hot tub on a new house. or however many thousands of dollars you charge. in other words, some helpful information instead of not. THANKS!
          There is only one true way to do Sq Ft pricing. That is you would have to have done at least two of the same type house, keeping up with time & material. Then you could come up with a per sq price.

With that said, I think you have received enough answers/opinions, which you don't seem to like.

[COLOR=navy]If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time![/COLOR]

Comment

After further review, I am re-opening this discussion. I apologize for any inconvenience.
            [COLOR=navy]If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time![/COLOR]

Comment

I am doing a new house for 12k. 1900 Sq foot living space, 566 garage. Thats low $6 not counting garage, high $4's counting garage. square footage. No heat. . Doesnt include service, which is 8k, 600' primary service, Ill make some money on that. This is cheap rural upstate NY. I make almost twice as much working in Seattle.

did a duplex a few years back. Was probably $5/ sq foot including easy service. I think 'I only made $35/hr on that. IT was for a family member and close to home. Again, upstate NY rates. Another one, single unit, for that same family member I did was almost twice as much, but that had a long service, had to add new meter to existing multi-gang. That took some time and money.

In Seattle a new custom home would be more like $15. I shoot for $80/hr plus some profit. I dont do sq foot pricing, I just computed these examples because I remembered the stats.
              Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

"You can't generalize"

Comment

Originally posted by electrofelon View Post
                I am doing a new house for 12k. 1900 Sq foot living space, 566 garage. Thats low $6 not counting garage, high $4's counting garage. square footage. No heat. . Doesnt include service, which is 8k, 600' primary service, Ill make some money on that. This is cheap rural upstate NY. I make almost twice as much working in Seattle.

did a duplex a few years back. Was probably $5/ sq foot including easy service. I think 'I only made $35/hr on that. IT was for a family member and close to home. Again, upstate NY rates. Another one, single unit, for that same family member I did was almost twice as much, but that had a long service, had to add new meter to existing multi-gang. That took some time and money.

In Seattle a new custom home would be more like $15. I shoot for $80/hr plus some profit. I dont do sq foot pricing, I just computed these examples because I remembered the stats.
                It’s really not my business but I’m curious as to the NY and Seattle work locations.
                nothing in between? That’s a pretty healthy commute...

Comment

Originally posted by Hv&Lv View Post

It’s really not my business but I’m curious as to the NY and Seattle work locations.
                  nothing in between? That’s a pretty healthy commute...
                  Yeah. Its a weird situation. Nothing in between except plane changes. I go out for a week or two or three sometimes, every couple months. Developed quite a few contacts over the years. It started with a friend doing a renovation. I am 4 hours from NYC, you would think that would be a better setup, but getting licensed in NYC wasnt/isnt going to happen (despite having a masters license in Albany, the state capital, go figure). WA was pretty good about working with me and my poorly documented informal rural electrical experience.
                  Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

"You can't generalize"

Comment

Working...
                  X