Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flexible Working Schedules

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by electrofelon View Post

    I really can't stand this "kids these days" BS. It's just like all these other stupid untrue garbage phrases lots of people say like "they don't make them like they used to", " no one wants to work these days", blah blah blah. There is good stuff, there is junk. There are hard workers and lazy people. Same as it's always been........
    I think if you want to identify the most self indulgent generation it is the baby boom. They got a free ticket on the greatest economic expansion in history train that was built by their parents and went and squandered it all away on peace and love communes and greater drug use than had ever been seen before.
    If Billy Idol is on your playlist go reevaluate your life.

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by ActionDave View Post

      I think if you want to identify the most self indulgent generation it is the baby boom. They got a free ticket on the greatest economic expansion in history train that was built by their parents and went and squandered it all away on peace and love communes and greater drug use than had ever been seen before.
      I listened to a lecture regarding wealth in America some time back.
      starting in the 40s or so the expansion of wealth was an exponential rise.
      sometime about the late 80s, the expansion of wealth changed and became more asymptotic.

      The generation born about that time are are the ones with the “share the wealth” attitude.
      the rich should just hand it over...

      the other day Day there was a report on the government GiVING money to people. You don’t have to work for it!!

      they are calling it “Universal Basic Income”, or “Freedom Dividend”

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by ActionDave View Post

        I think if you want to identify the most self indulgent generation it is the baby boom. They got a free ticket on the greatest economic expansion in history train that was built by their parents and went and squandered it all away on peace and love communes and greater drug use than had ever been seen before.
        Yeah and they got lots of pensions and stuff that is gone or greatly diminished now

        Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

        "You can't generalize"

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by electrofelon View Post

          I don't think so. Pretty much same as it's always been. I looked back at the internet forums from the late 1800's and everyone was talking about everyone is lazy and no one wants to work on the farm anymore.....
          I don't think that people ever got to the point where they didn't want to work on the farm anymore. What happened was the economy changed and they could no longer make living on the small family farm. Many of my ancestors left the farm and went to work in coal mines or cutting timber and each of these jobs is much worse than farming ( but it did pay the bills ).

          When people left the farm they didn't go live in mom and dad's basement they normally went to a life that was much worse but they did it out of necessity.
          The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

          Comment


            #35
            I think if you want to identify the most self indulgent generation it is the baby boom. They got a free ticket on the greatest economic expansion in history train that was built by their parents and went and squandered it all away on peace and love communes and greater drug use than had ever been seen before.
            Yeah! We/Me that slaved on the old dairy farm 7 days a week in Westville, NY to bankrole those dirty hippies after they moved downstate.

            Excuse my response as we are supposed to be the "silent generation".
            Octogenerian-Never work live!

            Comment

            Working...
            X