NETA Accredited Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidividi12

Occupation
Electrician
Hi,

I am interested with NETA Accredited Companies. What is the requirements for to be a NETA Accredited company? Shall I hire NETA Accredited Technicians during company accreditation process?

I read about that accreditation process is two-fold process. What are these two-folds? What shall I do to accredite my company?

paulengr

Hi,

I am interested with NETA Accredited Companies. What is the requirements for to be a NETA Accredited company? Shall I hire NETA Accredited Technicians during company accreditation process?

I read about that accreditation process is two-fold process. What are these two-folds? What shall I do to accredite my company?

They are rather secretive. You aren’t going to be able to hire NETA level 2 or 3 techs easily. There are almost none. You will be doing training and testing to get there. NETA gives details such as it is on their web site.

EASA runs the same kind of thing. As does UL for panel shops. And most of these are patterned after ISO 9000 which is generic. Basically they will check your written procedures, check your employee training paperwork, check customer complaints, check your equipment calibration stickers, and interview your employees to test their knowledge of the standards. So mostly it’s just paperwork inspection.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Hi,

I have never run across a NETA accredited company or a NETA certified technician.

They must exist somewhere though.

As I understand the system the company basically trains the technicians, so the value of the training would seem to be almost entirely dependent on the value of the training given by the employer. I don't think NETA does any of the actual training. it is just a paperwork framework.

But, i could be wrong. The web site is not real clear on much of anything.

vidividi12

Occupation
Electrician
Thank you very much for all replies. I want to improve myself in the field of testing and I want to be a NETA certified technician, but in the NETA website, it is stated that I need to be hired by a NETA Accredited company. Is it possible to take a traning from a NETA company by paying for training?

Status
Not open for further replies.