Government/prevailing wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJV

Just a quick question.
Good afternoon everyone, I’m trying to get feed back from the electrical estimators.
Bidding an electrical government/prevailing wage job, do you use or tend to use the NECA labor units, or do you use your regular labor units you would use for privets jobs, (column 1), or which ever column your electrical estimating software uses. Just trying to get some feed back. I’m an estimator, but we don’t usually bid this type of jobs. Mostly private jobs with regular wages other than prevailing wages. Would really appreciate some learning feed back from the estimators out there

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
You must stick your neck out.

You didn't know, privets jobs are for schooling not for profit?

Merritt-shop GC's pick lowballers to sign contracts then eat everything they screwed up.

Fools who know how to bid help identify the most attractive lowballers.

mopowr steve

Occupation
Electrical contractor
Just contact the local electrical union, they will let you know what prevailing wage is and breakdown for benefits/etc. Even if your not a union guy.

Eddie702

Licensed Electrician
Occupation
Electrician
Just a quick question.
Good afternoon everyone, I’m trying to get feed back from the electrical estimators.
Bidding an electrical government/prevailing wage job, do you use or tend to use the NECA labor units, or do you use your regular labor units you would use for privets jobs, (column 1), or which ever column your electrical estimating software uses. Just trying to get some feed back. I’m an estimator, but we don’t usually bid this type of jobs. Mostly private jobs with regular wages other than prevailing wages. Would really appreciate some learning feed back from the estimators out there

Labor units from NECA gives you your labor hours. That being said, you have to read the bid documents carefully for any issue you would be responsible for. In addition look for the hooks....like in the electrical specs it might say you do not need to provide the motor starters for HVAC equipment, but in the HVAC spec it might say "the electrical contractor will provide all motor starters"

Also labor rates. If I am not mistaken they list the base hourly rate and the "fringe" (vacations, insurance etc) If you compare non union rates with union rates you can take credit for any fringe benefits that you provide while figuring the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.