NEED LAWYER IN TAMPA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

florida-sparkey

Occupation
Master Electrician
Can anyone recommend a lawyer in the Tampa FL area? Seems there was a guy at a business and law code update class I took with Mike Holt some years ago. But, I cannot remember the name.

Thanks for any help.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
..GC that is not paying ..well over 60 days out..

GC may have already replaced you, or got laborers doing trim, however, 60-days seems too soon to declare war.

You will lose re-possessing property, get bled by lawyers, or black listed by defamation on social media, consumer ratings, and BBB rants.

You can always write a demand letter, setup Mediation efforts with small claims filings, file liens on owner property, but perhaps not the best knee-jerk reaction.

florida-sparkey

Occupation
Master Electrician
GC may have already replaced you, or got laborers doing trim, however, 60-days seems too soon to declare war.

You will lose re-possessing property, get bled by lawyers, or black listed by defamation on social media, consumer ratings, and BBB rants.

You can always write a demand letter, setup Mediation efforts with small claims filings, file liens on owner property, but perhaps not the best knee-jerk reaction.

Thank you for the cear headed response.
They have not replaced me or started trim themselves.
However, they have asked me to trim soon.
They have a history of bad payment with the last home. They sold the home, then paid us the final. I have no idea how they closed because we never gave a release of lien. I was over a barrel and do not want to be there again.
I do worry about being bled by lawyers. Thanks

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Thank you for the cear headed response.
They have not replaced me or started trim themselves.
However, they have asked me to trim soon.
They have a history of bad payment with the last home. They sold the home, then paid us the final. I have no idea how they closed because we never gave a release of lien. I was over a barrel and do not want to be there again.
I do worry about being bled by lawyers. Thanks

Did you file "notice to owner" to preserve your lien rights? If not that may be how he sold the house without your release. Florida lien laws are pretty good if you follow all the rules to perfect your lien rights. I used to use the service company "Builders Notice" when I lived there.

DaveBowden

I was told by my daughter (she's a collections attorney) to include this on all my proposals :
All invoices not paid when due will accrue interest at the rate of 1.5% per month. The undersigned agrees to be responsible for all costs of collection including reasonable attorney's fees whether or not suit is filed.

Status
Not open for further replies.