I paid $3.409 for gas today. what it is where you're at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
480sparky said:
gasprices.jpg

lol that's nice. i saw something similar but for premium it said "first born".

the gas around here [ northeast wisconsin ] is 3.29 [87 cent / liter ] while the diesel fuel allready hit at 3.99 [1.05/liter]

and the fuel cost for my service truck typically 300 bucks [ i have 125 gallon tank it kinda bite me a bit ] but for home / shop heating fuel it the same fuel as well so overall i spend over 1500~1800 buck a month for both truck and heating fuel dangbat !!!!!!!!!!!

Merci,Marc

jrannis

I dont se why, as by far the largest user of petroleum, we cant pass a law that the US only pays $45.00 per barrel for oil.
The way production is set up, the oil flow cannot be inturpted for very long and has to move from pump, to tank, to ship, to port, refinery to distribution.
They have to keep it moving.

HighWirey

brantmacga said:
I paid $3.409 for gas today. what it is where you're at? diesel was even worse @ $3.959

Why would anyone purchase a diesel powered vehicle even when the stuff was cheep? I know, mo torque. Never felt the need for mo torque here (or that extra noise and soot).

iwire said:
$4.00 bucks for diesel in the Boston MA area.
Worse I just filled my homes oil tank at a cost of $762.00. :mad:
When I moved here 8 years ago I was paying $0.90 per gal, now it is $3.50.

That is the reason my grandma sold her house in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. 1200 gallon tank in the basement.

Best Wishes Everyone

wireman71

Our whole economy has been a huge house of cards for the last 8 years or more. Since manufacturing went the way of the dodo bird things have been going downhill. The tech industry temporarily boosted the economy, the housing boom did the same thing. Now that both are gone the economy is going to be in a world of hurt. I don't forsee something filling the gap again. Rising gas prices are also a indicator of the dollar falling in value. Oil is sold on the world market so it costs more as the dollar falls. Hope somone can paint me a rosy picture but I don't see one.

winnie

Occupation
Electric motor research
iwire said:
I am no expert but maybe diesel compressor?

I saw a TV show that went to an Amish cabinet shop and all the tools there where powered hydraulically from a diesel engine outside. :-?

My understanding is that the use of mains supplied electricity is prohibited because of the external dependence that it creates. Many shops will use electrical tools powered by on on site generator.

The Amish have _telephones_; its good for business, and industriousness is a virtue. But the phones are not permitted to interrupt important stuff such as family or prayer. So you can't have your telephone in your house. The phone (and answering machine) go in an outbuilding.

See http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/7.01/amish.html

-Jon

dbuckley

jrannis said:
I dont se why, as by far the largest user of petroleum, we cant pass a law that the US only pays $45.00 per barrel for oil.
Thats such a good idea. There are many countries in the world whose populations simply don't have the money to pay for petroleum products, and so if the USA would only pay $45/bbl then the USA would get the product left over when everyone else had what they needed for $46/bbl, and gas in many other countries would be much cheaper, and in may others, simply affordable

Of course, that would mean that the US would be short on gas, so then it would either be rationed, or go to the highest bidder. Its clear that you folks are willing to buy 388.6 million gallons/day of gas at the sorts of pricing you are paying now, so to stop you buying so much the price would have to go much higher, perhaps $15 a gallon would reduce purchases to the scale required.

So, in short, the rest of the world gains, and the US loses.

Still want to only pay $45/bbl for the black stuff?

Edited to say: Of course, the USA has other ideas rather than $45/bbl:
image.php

Last edited by a moderator:

jrannis

dbuckley said:
Thats such a good idea. There are many countries in the world whose populations simply don't have the money to pay for petroleum products, and so if the USA would only pay $45/bbl then the USA would get the product left over when everyone else had what they needed for $46/bbl, and gas in many other countries would be much cheaper, and in may others, simply affordable

Of course, that would mean that the US would be short on gas, so then it would either be rationed, or go to the highest bidder. Its clear that you folks are willing to buy 388.6 million gallons/day of gas at the sorts of pricing you are paying now, so to stop you buying so much the price would have to go much higher, perhaps $15 a gallon would reduce purchases to the scale required.

So, in short, the rest of the world gains, and the US loses.

Still want to only pay $45/bbl for the black stuff?

Edited to say: Of course, the USA has other ideas rather than $45/bbl: http://forums.mikeholt.com/image.php?u=95094&dateline=1203284770[img][/QUOTE]

We use 20 million bbl per day. [url]http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph/ene_oil_con-energy-oil-consumption&b_map=1[/url] Almost more than the next 5 biggest users COMBINED! It would cripple the oil business to stop that kind of flow.
Next closest is China using 6.5 million bbl per day
then, Japan 5.5 million bbl
Germany 2.6 million
Russia 2.5 million (they have their own oil)
India 2.4 million

I still like the $45 plan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.