New Logo/ Comments..Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.

c2500

I think it is a bit busy and cutting edge,. Now that said, I worked at a newspaper in the advertising department for several years in another life.

I would tone it down a bit and solidify the lettering.

The colors are not bad.

Not knowing your age, it may seem to those that are older (I am 40) that you come across as a young hot shot whipper snapper who has no experience. Remember, you are trying to appeal to a market that in alot of cases will have older folks (over 40). Remember the younger ones (most likely to embrace the logo) are over at The Home Depot getting those free electrical lessons.

Just an observation...

c2500

HighWirey

Loffgren said:
Looking for some comments / Criticism on new logo..Thanks

Perhaps you should have sought our input prior to you having those expensive graphics applied to your vehicle(s) . . .

Another poster here suggested that the logo appeals to a different generation. I agree.

Best Wishes Everyone

Loffgren

re

re

Have not posted it on trucks yet, still in the design phase... And of course the ones (logo) that do will be formatted to "fit"...But thanks for the feed back it helps. And is appreciated

360Youth

I, too, thought that the lettering needs filling in. I did not see it as, dirty or rusted or trashy...just incomplete. It looked like a bad copy of a decent design. As others have stated, in advertising a trade, you want to stand out and have your customers immediately know what you are offering.

ultramegabob

a few things to think about...

a few things to think about...

when you come up with a logo, you need to think if the printer, silk screener, embroyderer, or sign maker will be able to duplicate, reduce, and enlarge your design. something that looks good on a truck my not be able to be read on a business card. solid colors are much easier to dupicate than color fades or shades, and the more color you use in your design the more it will cost every time you go to have it put on something..

76nemo

Loffgren said:
I may clean it up a bit and reconsider, thanks

So you get more calls from the ladies???:D ;) :D I agree with everyone else, too artsy, and not cut and dry, straight to the point. Artsy to me lacks the bold and professional which it should represent.

Nice graphics though!

Occupation
Inspector
My Logo...

My Logo...

I'll go out on a limb here and post my logo. I'm not a very creative design person so I stole my logo from my fathers business. He owns and operates a high end Interior Design store and his logo is well known in my area.

I asked for his permission and he was thrilled that I wanted to copy his design.

ultramegabob

try to come up with a design that can be duplicated in black and white and you will have a winner, almost all sign people need the artwork to be made as a vector file, it has to do with the computer reading the edges of the design, and its easiest for them to duplicate a design that is solid black lines on white, you can always fill in whatever colors you want between the lines...

360Youth

76nemo said:
I agree with everyone else, too artsy, and not cut and dry, straight to the point. Artsy to me lacks the bold and professional which it should represent.

Nice graphics though!

Artsy is fine as long as it does not impede the message.

POWER_PIG

mivey said:
sorry. I guess I was too blunt.

It is nice graphic work but like crossman stated, it would not convey the image you might want your customers to get in our line of work. The ladies of the house usually run the house and, for the most part, they like a nice clean, crisp, professional feel. No gothic, rusty, corroded images please.

If you had a "cowboy" theme, like the lone ranger or "to the rescue" type thing going on, I could see bullet holes being used some kind of way. It might work out west somewhere because they would "get it". If in Chicago, the bullet holes might not go over so well.
LOL!! Cowboy theme ok,,,but Chicago theme..no way!
I find that quite funny!

crossman

1793 said:

I asked for his permission and he was thrilled that I wanted to copy his design.

Now here is a perfect example of what I am talking about concerning the OP logo.

The top logo above has fonts which to me, just somehow "feel right" for an interior design company. A little bit fancy, just a touch artsy, it fits perfectly. And the graphics are nicely done too, again, kind of fancy.

And the bottom logo, for the EC, is also perfect. The fonts are very straightforward and businesslike, projecting a competent confidence, and "your electrical work will be done correctly." The graphics, while following the same theme as the first logo, are simplified and straight-forward. A good fit.

220/221

The first rule of advertising is to make it legible.

Start over and stay with simple.

I like the name BTW.

quogueelectric

It shows you have a lot of guts to put it out there however the taste of the design will only apeal to a small customer base. Hey tumbled marble can be beautiful but not everyone likes it. I went with a lighthouse logo because that is where I live type thing everyone likes a lighthouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.