Running into an inspector outside of work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

c2500

My wife and I were at lunch today, and one of the city electrical inspectors sat down next to us. He is a very nice guy, and ultimately we ended up chatting about some work things with both of us asking and answering various questions, what projects I have going, introducing the wives, etc. It was nice for my wife to be able to put a face with a name of someone I have talked about (9 times out of 10 in a positive manner :grin: ) Anyway, just an observation from Sunday lunch.

c2500

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
c2500 said:
My wife and I were at lunch today, and one of the city electrical inspectors sat down next to us. He is a very nice guy, and ultimately we ended up chatting about some work things with both of us asking and answering various questions, what projects I have going, introducing the wives, etc. It was nice for my wife to be able to put a face with a name of someone I have talked about (9 times out of 10 in a positive manner :grin: ) Anyway, just an observation from Sunday lunch.

c2500

Ya see....inspectors are people too!

All the ones I have ever worked with have been great. Some even have a sense of humor that can't be beat!

480sparky

c2500 said:
I would have, of course, but I thought it might have been inappropriate. :grin:

c2500

Don't think it is. It definitely would be inappropriate. Possibly criminal.

I have had the opportunity on several occasions to have lunch with an inspector. But he pays his bill, and I pay mine. Sure, we talk shop and have some good laughs. Anyone walking by would probably think we're best buddies. But when the bill get tabulated, they're seperate.

480sparky

c2500 said:
I agree. I was making an attempt at humor.

c2500

Oh, I get it now! :grin:

sofunny.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist that one! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.