Endangered Species

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbeer

I know I wonder myself how some people can stay in business with gas guzzling vans, maybe we all should down size a bit? Then we run into problems like not having all the parts needed on the van and unhappy customers.:-?

macmikeman

4 cyl trucks work ok when there isn't any hills to deal with. We have some real doozys. You learn how to make do, but I remember going up some hills for a couple of miles in 1st gear only.

Rewire

barbeer said:
I know I wonder myself how some people can stay in business with gas guzzling vans, maybe we all should down size a bit? Then we run into problems like not having all the parts needed on the van and unhappy customers.:-?
We just pass the cost on to the customer as part of overhead.

peter d

Call me crazy but I think the days of big trucks are coming to an end. The GM move certainly is some handwriting on the wall that changes are coming down the pike fast from automakers.

zog

macmikeman said:
GM announces the closing of 4 factories making trucks, and I assume vans. They said they are going to concentrate on small vehicles and the change will be permanent.

I feel bad for Janesville, I trained every electrician there every year for the last 10 years, there isnt much else in Janesville for an industrial electrician to do. That little town is in trouble.

All my level C substation guys at Janesville, we need good breaker guys in Charlotte, come on down.

Status
Not open for further replies.