I'll Take My Chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

360Youth

We just finished a generator install yesterday and I figured I would take my chances with posting before and after pics. I am always curious as to how others would do different or do the same. 200amp combo feeds ATS, which then feeds house panel. There were circuits in the combo that had to be relocated "behind" of the ATS so I tapped off to 125 main breaker sub-panel.

Before...

IMAGE_147.jpg

...and after.

IMAGE_174.jpg

IMAGE_177.jpg

billsnuff

a friend sent me an e-mail with a link that said 'slick for a free cup holder'. i think wow, that's cool. click the link and my cd tray opens. thats odd. after three trys (i really wanted that cup holder) i finally got it. :mad: so after throughly examining you pics, all i can say is nice cup holder.......oh, and what kind of union is that at the end of the sealtite, listed? :D

macmikeman

I think you did a nice job there. Question: is your area subject to ground movement from temperature shifts? Where I live, nobody bothers too much with expansion couplings on risers out of soil, cause we don't get much in the way of temperature shifting. (Below the 10,000 ft levels....)

360Youth

Pierre C Belarge said:
Sometimes working with existing situations is not easy.

What about 702.8 (A)&(B)?

Also labeling of the service disconnecting mean(s)?

I sweat every retro fit I do. The only thing that saves me is hopefully having 3 of everything for the install design that changes every 15 minutes. :D Which does not always happen :mad: ;)

I have breakers labeled, but no signs at the genset, never been pushed on that so the priority never sunk in. I do, at times, identify each system grounded conductor, (Gen, Utility, House), but not every time. :rolleyes: . I use my labeler which is white tape, so it works well.

480sparky said:
I sure hope that's a plastic box under the meter with a gasketed cover instead of a steel NEMA 1 box.....

Everything plastic, always pastic. :grin: :grin:

billsnuff said:
....oh, and what kind of union is that at the end of the sealtite, listed? :D

Listed carflex connectors and pvc female adapters.

tonyou812 said:
Is that primer on the pvc pipe?

Blue glue. I prefer the clear glue, but you gotta run with horse you got at the track. :smile:

tmbrk

Sparky555 said:
I wish I could get a meter socket with a duck on it.

Dave

I think that's a Midwest Manufacturing product. Around here they are a vendor for Menards. At least that's the only other time I ever see that duck.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.