Dran-View 6.0 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkb

In a previous post about an ASCO 300 in-phase monitor, I asked about using a PX5 to see if the in-phase monitor is working.

We have a recording of when the ATS switched from generator to utility and I was wondering if anyone knows the Dran-View 6.0 software enough to know if I can see if the phases are in sync when the transfer took place?

We had the PX5 on the load side of the ATS.

Cold Fusion

In a previous post about an ASCO 300 in-phase monitor, I asked about using a PX5 to see if the in-phase monitor is working.

We have a recording of when the ATS switched from generator to utility and I was wondering if anyone knows the Dran-View 6.0 software enough to know if I can see if the phases are in sync when the transfer took place?

We had the PX5 on the load side of the ATS.
Yes, but from your last statement, "We had the PX5 on the load side of the ATS", you don't have the information you need. Brian gave a good answer in the ASCO 300 post. If you didn't record, "A phase utility and A phase generator (or across any two phases)", you don't have the information to see if the gen is in-phase with the utility.

cf

tkb

So from what I am reading, we need a Dranetz that can record two inputs at once.

tkb

The three phases on the utility and the three phases on the generator?
That's six phases.
The PX 5 has four input channels.

ron

I didn't read the previous post, but if you recorded the output of the ATS, you should be able to see the before transfer and after and atempt to draw your own approximate 60hz sin wave to connect the two. If it looks smooth when you interconnect the before transfer and after, then they were likely in phase before.

For a sync problem, just look at one phase. We can assume for the moment that the generator's A/B/C are exactly 120deg apart and the utility's A/B/C are 120deg apart, so we only need to look at one matched set of phase leads. When generator and utility are in perfect sync, gen-A and util-A will be moving in lock step with each other. Thus, you can look at just the A phases. I'd probably look at them with a dual-input 'scope, but that's just me.

I assume that you've verified that phase rotation is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.