This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job I lost. Tuesday's Photos?

Last year I didn't get a job for a service change on an Arrow Hart Murray panel. I was too expensive.

Got a call today saying the main breaker is missing on a panel. (Not realizing I had been to this house before.) Just went by the place and saw what the cheaper guy did.

The other guy installed a 20 circuit homeline panel's guts (I bet it's only rated for 100/125 amps) into the old can of the Murray panel.

Hope I get the job this time!!

There is no code rule that would prevent installing a Homline panelboard in an Arrow Hart cabinet.

Let the games begin.

Now, the lack of a main is another story!!

Comment

Originally posted by peter d View Post
      .........Now, the lack of a main is another story!!

I'll bet there was not deadfront, either.

Comment

Originally posted by 480sparky View Post
        Probably not. Hard to butcher an indoor cover for a 3R panel.

Comment

At least the hack didn't mix and match breakers.

Comment

Are they going to pay you for a proper job this time? No mercy on this; charge at least what you quoted 1st time and add to it if the jacklegging complicates the job in any way. I see so much junk like that it's unbelievable. I am hoping commercial work will pick up a lot more around here so I can back away from resi a bit. Resi gets discouraging with so much of this stuff happening.
            Yes, I'll be happy to do a first class job for less than anyone else and take a dollar a week for 10 years.

Comment

At least the hack didn't mix and match breakers.

Circuits 12 & 14????

And I don't see any AFCIs, either.

Comment

Circuits 12 & 14????

They look like old Homeline breakers, but still Homeline nonetheless.

As for AFCI's, why would they be required for a panel change?

Comment

.........As for AFCI's, why would they be required for a panel change?
                  Some AHJs require them. But I'm also willing to bet that there was no permit for the original job either.

Comment

Nice Work, not!

At least he spent time trying to terminate the line conductors. You do get what you pay for!

LeeB

Comment

The guy did have a dead front. The original dead front. I doesn't really fit.

As for AFCI's, why would they be required for a panel change?
                      AFCI's wouldn't have been required. I believe the only City that requires them around here on a service change is the City of Scottsdale.

Originally posted by LeeB View Post
                      At least he spent time trying to terminate the line conductors. You do get what you pay for!
                      The way he terminated the feeders makes me think that this was taken out of a 100A Homeline panel. The lugs aren't large enough to accomodate the 3/0 wire.

So, I find out the "electrician" that did this job was one of the A/C installers who were on the job the first time I came out to look at it.

No license, no permit, no brains!

Comment

What's up with the cardboard??

Mark

Comment

In some areas, when a load center is replaced, they require it be brought up to current code, and that may include the addition of two ground rods, and repair any protection defects, that may exist.

Comment

that neutral bar looks lonely:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Chamuit View Post

So, I find out the "electrician" that did this job was one of the A/C installers who were on the job the first time I came out to look at it.

No license, no permit, no brains!

This sort of thing happens all the time and there is not much you can do. I would just give them a price to replace this mess and here I would have to bring the gounds up to code. What ever it takes to make it right.

Either they accept your price or they don't. I wouldn't spend much time with them because you know what happened last time.
                              The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

Comment

Working...
                              X