250 par lamp replacement post 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mule

I have a client (church) and the sactuary has 58 recessed cans rated at 250w par's, and it's barely enough light now.....What are they going to do, when they cant buy incandescents any longer? Im not aware of any CF's that will come close....??

sd4524

Why can't they buy incadescents any longer? Is that law really gonna happen? I guess it could be good news for you because they will need to add more lighting!

wireguru

have the customer buy 30 years worth of lamps, by the time they run out you will be retired and it will be someone else's problem

cadpoint

Here, I'll make one more seat of my seat statements; it doesn't matter what wattage the 250 is, it the lumen's or lack of that the church is suffering from.

Most manufactures and others supply the read out in both wattage and lumens now, and with CFW just more info. over-all...

A light meter reading needs to be done to qualify what the lumen's are in the seats, JMO

This is a suppliers chart supplied for simple point and shot application but in means is the end all...

CFW's

sd4524

Another thing to look for is changing the trims so they reflect more light. Also, if it is a high ceiling then would changing the lamps from floods to a more narrow spot give off more light where it is actually needed?

Mule

250w par halogens give off nearly 4 times the lumens as a 26w R40 CF reflector.....Im just curious if there are larger CF's available that will fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.