Travel pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

topper

Pricing some out of town work. This will take us to several areas of the state. 2-3 hrs away. I expect to pay travel time, per deim, motels, etc. I expect that we will be in one area for 4-6 weeks. I expect to be in extended stay hotels, and we will not work every weekend, maybe not any. If I provide a room for the weekend, they can stay or drive home for the weekend. My thought is that if they want to go home, I should not be expected to pick up the drive back and forth. I will let them take a truck and I will buy the gas. Seem reasonable? I doubt the guys will complain the work is all pw and a couple of the areas have a fairly high rate, especially with the benefits.

Thanks,

Jim

iwire

Staff member
The company I worked for in the past would fly us home, or pay our fuel to drive home about every 4th weekend if we would be away for long periods of time.

If you wanted to go home more than that the worker had to pay for it.

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
I'm on a powerhouse that if fairly remote (300 miles to the house). I have a company truck to do all my work activities, but do not use the "company rig" for personal runabout. I have my own vehicle at the place I'm renting with the per diem, local to the area. Happy that the company allows us to use the truck to go to and from jobsite to our housing.

Your offer sounds more than fair.

ceb58

Letting them take a truck to go home with seems fair but what if there is a wreck on the way home? If you were paying their travel time then workers comp. would kick in but I would check into their driving the home on their own time situation with my insurance co.

Status
Not open for further replies.