Phase Converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benton

Hello,

I am in the market (customer) for a phase converter. Does anyone know where I can get one? The customer has a shop with a 120/240V service but has a 20hp planter, 20hp router, and a 25hp compressor all 208V 3 phase. Any help would be appreciated. He contacted the PC and they said it would be something like $10k for them to bring 3 phase to his property.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
it will probably be cheaper to install a converter at each peice of equipment

For the equipment listed your looking at around $2500 each. Thats $7500 plus material and labor for install. Now POCO's 10K is looking pretty good.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
For the equipment listed your looking at around $2500 each. Thats $7500 plus material and labor for install. Now POCO's 10K is looking pretty good.
There's also the question of whether the existing service will handle the added load(s)...???

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I just looked at running a circuit for a cabinet guy. He runs his shop off of one phase converter (three pieces of equipment, soon to be four). He is a one man show, so only one machine runs at a time.
For the equipment listed your looking at around $2500 each. Thats $7500 plus material and labor for install....
Well sure, but when is more not better? Ex-wives, not so much perhaps, but tools and equipment....anything worth having has gotta be worth having more than one.:happyyes:

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Hello,

I am in the market (customer) for a phase converter. Does anyone know where I can get one? The customer has a shop with a 120/240V service but has a 20hp planter, 20hp router, and a 25hp compressor all 208V 3 phase. Any help would be appreciated. He contacted the PC and they said it would be something like $10k for them to bring 3 phase to his property.

two kinds. static, and rotary.

i've seen quite a number of the electronic ones catch fire.
i prefer rotary.

problem is, you are gonna have to use separate ones on
each load. you get a big enough one for all three, and you
will have scwewy phase shift on one motor only. they are
good for a specific range of horsepower.... unless...
you get the mothership.....

"This 60HP Phase Perfect Digital Solid-State Phase Converter
produces 3-phase output voltages that are balanced to within
1% under all load conditions."

$12,225.00

http://www.americanrotary.com/produ...phase-perfect/pt-3160-digital-phase-converter

Status
Not open for further replies.