Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Place names

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Place names

    Just for a bit of fun I'd like to post some odd names of places I've visited.

    Upper Slaughter (Gloucestershire, England)
    Lower Slaughter (Gloucestershire, England)
    Snodland (Kent, England)
    Prime Gilt Box Street (Kirkcaldy, Scotland)
    Hot as Hell, South Africa

    Australia has a place with the rude equivalent of copulating, a word that would be censored here.

    Just a few to be going on with.



    #2
    Pennsylvania has:
    Blue Ball
    Bird In Hand
    Intercourse
    Tom
    TBLO

    Comment


      #3
      Climax, NC.
      oh, and Whynot
      lizzard lick
      toast
      horneytown, in between High point and Climax!
      and Tightsqueeze, just north of dry fork on Hwy 29, just north of Danville Va.

      hey, it’s the south...

      (I wonder if this will get to be as long as “ the music game”?)
      Last edited by Hv&Lv; 09-20-19, 08:30 AM.

      Comment


        #4
        Tightwad Missouri.
        The have a local bank so residents can proudly say “I have a Tightwad checking account!”

        Comment


          #5
          Weed, California

          Gassville, & Yellville, Arkansas

          In between San Antonio and the Bexar County line, crossing Interstate10 is Hollering Woman Creek.

          Comment


            #6
            Lizard, Cornwall. Beautiful part of south west England.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by retirede View Post
              Tightwad Missouri.
              The have a local bank so residents can proudly say “I have a Tightwad checking account!”
              The probably named it that because "Scottsboro" had already been used.

              By the way many of my ancestors were Scottish.
              The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by norcal View Post
                Weed, California
                Not surprising...

                Comment


                  #9
                  I have always liked the name of "Rough & Ready, CA". That would look great on a Tee Shirt.
                  The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by norcal View Post
                    In between San Antonio and the Bexar County line, crossing Interstate10 is Hollering Woman Creek.
                    Shouldn't that be Hollering Woman Ocean?
                    Master Electrician
                    Electrical Contractor
                    Richmond, VA

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by growler View Post

                      The probably named it that because "Scottsboro" had already been used.

                      By the way many of my ancestors were Scottish.
                      All of mine are - at least back to the '45 rebellion. Angus the terrifier.

                      OK. California has Weed.
                      Edinburgh (Scotland's capital) has the Grass Market. Used to be a seedy place when I was at Uni there............

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Ecclefechan (Scotland)

                        Try saying that after a couple of beers...............

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Hv&Lv View Post
                          Climax, NC.
                          Yeah there is a sign outside Climax that says Climax - 2 Miles, never lives up to expectations after 2 miles.

                          Hell, MI is a good one too

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Llanfairpwllgwyngyll.

                            Yep. A real place in Wales.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              We have:
                              "Nameless Tn"
                              Suck Creek
                              Hanging Limb
                              Defeated Creek
                              South Pittsburgh (there is no North Pittsburgh nor are we in Pa)
                              [COLOR=navy]If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time![/COLOR]

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X