New Forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbrooke View Post
    Can we now create a UK/BS7671 forum? We're excluding half the English speaking world without it.

NZ & OZ have their own regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by electrofelon View Post
      All I know about Canadian wiring practices is they use this stuff called Tek cable. Sounds like coated MC?
      Yes, that's close to what it is, PVC coated MC. Actually is it XLPE conductor insulation (XHHW-2), then a PVC inner jacket (like Tray Cable), an aluminum armor like MC, then another PVC outer jacket. MC, even the versions with the outer jacket, doesn't have the inner PVC jacket, usually it just has a clear mylar sheath.

Spelled "Teck" and most of what is sold is 90C so it is called "Teck 90". It's actually nice stuff to work with.
      __________________________________________________ ____________________________
      Many people are shocked when they discover I am not a good electrician...

I'm in California, ergo I am still stuck on the 2014 NEC... We'll get around to the 2017 code in around 2021.

Comment

Can we now create a UK/BS7671 forum? We're excluding half the English speaking world without it.

Comment

conductor ampacity

Some may recall a few code cycles ago we had some ampacity changes in our tables. It was my understanding that was part of an effort to harmonize with the CEC.

Comment

Originally posted by peter d View Post
            Our comedian shamelessly joked about a blackout. Talk about dark humor.

Comment

Just wanna know which code book is going to be official in Canada? Seems tow companies fighting over the rights to the code..lol... been waiting around ten years now to replace my old code book...
              Student of electrical codes. Please Take others advice first.

Comment

Right now it is the CEC I am not sure which edition
                They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
                She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
                I can't help it if I'm lucky

Comment

Welcome Canadian sparks!

I have an old CEC around here somewhere.

Iirc, both CEC & NEC hail from the IEC

Of interest are some of the sublte differences , which provoke the theory behind them

~RJ~

Comment

Woo, my old copy was Knights Electrical codes for Canada..l heard CSA was suing them... and just have waited to see what the end result is...

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjamma View Post
                      Woo, my old copy was Knights Electrical codes for Canada..l heard CSA was suing them... and just have waited to see what the end result is...
                      I've read of restore CSA.

http://www.restorecsa.com/

More evidence code making bodies are becoming corrupted by outside "influence".

Comment

I've read of restore CSA.

http://www.restorecsa.com/

More evidence code making bodies are becoming corrupted by outside "influence".
                        is that the one where the son of the original manual, the knights electrical guide, is trying to make the code body quit taking away his business?? I mean, it would be like the NFPA telling Dewalt to no longer make their line of books that some of us own...

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjamma View Post
                          is that the one where the son of the original manual, the knights electrical guide, is trying to make the code body quit taking away his business?? I mean, it would be like the NFPA telling Dewalt to no longer make their line of books that some of us own...
                          Thats part of it. There is also the issue of what CSA is doing with the law itself.

Comment

The CEC is far more sensible in some ways than the NEC. Unfortunately, the CEC has been corrupted by AFCI's now too.

Comment

Originally posted by peter d View Post
                              The CEC is far more sensible in some ways than the NEC. Unfortunately, the CEC has been corrupted by AFCI's now too.
                              CEC is more corrupt then the NEC.

Comment

CEC is more corrupt then the NEC.

Comment

Working...
                                X