New Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamjamma

Just wanna know which code book is going to be official in Canada? Seems tow companies fighting over the rights to the code..lol... been waiting around ten years now to replace my old code book...

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
Welcome Canadian sparks!

I have an old CEC around here somewhere.

Iirc, both CEC & NEC hail from the IEC

Of interest are some of the sublte differences , which provoke the theory behind them

~RJ~

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
is that the one where the son of the original manual, the knights electrical guide, is trying to make the code body quit taking away his business?? I mean, it would be like the NFPA telling Dewalt to no longer make their line of books that some of us own...

Thats part of it. There is also the issue of what CSA is doing with the law itself.

Yes, that's close to what it is, PVC coated MC. Actually is it XLPE conductor insulation (XHHW-2), then a PVC inner jacket (like Tray Cable), an aluminum armor like MC, then another PVC outer jacket. MC, even the versions with the outer jacket, doesn't have the inner PVC jacket, usually it just has a clear mylar sheath.

Spelled "Teck" and most of what is sold is 90C so it is called "Teck 90". It's actually nice stuff to work with.

Cool info, thanks.

Stephbaker

Welcome, eh!

The hosers that picked the LV colors for Austin must have been from the Great White North.

Supposedly, its because the city owned electrical utility delivers power "CBA".

CANADIAN WIRE COLOR CODES FOR AC POWER
In Canada, wire color coding standards are set by the Canadian Electric Code (CEC). The color code for AC power wiring is similar to the code used in the United States (and the same as Austin, TX):

Phase 1 - Red
Phase 2 - Black
Phase 3 - Blue
Neutral - White
Ground - Green with Yellow Stripe

Nice one. I didn't know this. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.