X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddy_Current
    replied
    Originally posted by LarryFine View Post
    They also have what I like to call "DC Romex" with black and red conductors.
    We call it “heat-ex” because it is used often for 240 volt heaters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Stephbaker
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremysterling View Post
    Welcome, eh!

The hosers that picked the LV colors for Austin must have been from the Great White North.

Supposedly, its because the city owned electrical utility delivers power "CBA".

CANADIAN WIRE COLOR CODES FOR AC POWER
    In Canada, wire color coding standards are set by the Canadian Electric Code (CEC). The color code for AC power wiring is similar to the code used in the United States (and the same as Austin, TX):

Phase 1 - Red
    Phase 2 - Black
    Phase 3 - Blue
    Neutral - White
    Ground - Green with Yellow Stripe

Nice one. I didn't know this. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• electrofelon
    replied
    Originally posted by Jraef View Post
    Yes, that's close to what it is, PVC coated MC. Actually is it XLPE conductor insulation (XHHW-2), then a PVC inner jacket (like Tray Cable), an aluminum armor like MC, then another PVC outer jacket. MC, even the versions with the outer jacket, doesn't have the inner PVC jacket, usually it just has a clear mylar sheath.

Spelled "Teck" and most of what is sold is 90C so it is called "Teck 90". It's actually nice stuff to work with.
    Cool info, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• peter d
    replied
    Originally posted by mbrooke View Post
    CEC is more corrupt then the NEC.

Leave a comment:

• mbrooke
    replied
    Originally posted by peter d View Post
    The CEC is far more sensible in some ways than the NEC. Unfortunately, the CEC has been corrupted by AFCI's now too.
    CEC is more corrupt then the NEC.

Leave a comment:

• peter d
    replied
    The CEC is far more sensible in some ways than the NEC. Unfortunately, the CEC has been corrupted by AFCI's now too.

Leave a comment:

• mbrooke
    replied
    Originally posted by Adamjamma View Post
    is that the one where the son of the original manual, the knights electrical guide, is trying to make the code body quit taking away his business?? I mean, it would be like the NFPA telling Dewalt to no longer make their line of books that some of us own...
    Thats part of it. There is also the issue of what CSA is doing with the law itself.

Leave a comment:

• Adamjamma
    replied
    Originally posted by mbrooke View Post
    I've read of restore CSA.

http://www.restorecsa.com/

More evidence code making bodies are becoming corrupted by outside "influence".
    is that the one where the son of the original manual, the knights electrical guide, is trying to make the code body quit taking away his business?? I mean, it would be like the NFPA telling Dewalt to no longer make their line of books that some of us own...

Leave a comment:

• mbrooke
    replied
    Originally posted by Adamjamma View Post
    Woo, my old copy was Knights Electrical codes for Canada..l heard CSA was suing them... and just have waited to see what the end result is...
    I've read of restore CSA.

http://www.restorecsa.com/

More evidence code making bodies are becoming corrupted by outside "influence".

Leave a comment:

• Adamjamma
    replied
    Woo, my old copy was Knights Electrical codes for Canada..l heard CSA was suing them... and just have waited to see what the end result is...

Leave a comment:

• romex jockey
    replied
    Welcome Canadian sparks!

I have an old CEC around here somewhere.

Iirc, both CEC & NEC hail from the IEC

Of interest are some of the sublte differences , which provoke the theory behind them

~RJ~

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Alwon
    replied
    Right now it is the CEC I am not sure which edition

Leave a comment:

• Adamjamma
    replied
    Just wanna know which code book is going to be official in Canada? Seems tow companies fighting over the rights to the code..lol... been waiting around ten years now to replace my old code book...

Leave a comment:

• mbrooke
    replied
    Originally posted by peter d View Post

Leave a comment:

• texie
    replied
    conductor ampacity

Some may recall a few code cycles ago we had some ampacity changes in our tables. It was my understanding that was part of an effort to harmonize with the CEC.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X