X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions for from the British Columbia guys

Permit needed to install or replace a light fixture

https://www.technicalsafetybc.ca/blo...-light-fixture
    " DON'T use low prices as your selling advantage. The advantage disappears the moment someone dumber than you offers a lower price "
    Doug

And handyman cannot replace broken /worn receptacles in homes with rental suites or Apartments

https://www.technicalsafetybc.ca/blo...tal-properties
    " DON'T use low prices as your selling advantage. The advantage disappears the moment someone dumber than you offers a lower price "
    Doug

Comment

dang. Looks like they took the UK stance and the USA stance, decided that both let them hit up everyone for permit fees thus increasing the councils incomes, and so we now are close to needing permits to change lightbulbs... Hmm...
      At least UK still allows people who are 'qualified' to do the work...
      Student of electrical codes. Please Take others advice first.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjamma View Post
        At least UK still allows people who are 'qualified' to do the work...
        So does the rest of Canada, this is just a province of British Columbia thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

there is always the argument over the term qualified with people claiming only those licensed are qualified and other saying some of those who are licensed are not qualified either..lol... meanwhile we have laws saying you can be licensed one time for a car, but need relicensed every few years for a forklift or a utility lift. All about money to me...
          Student of electrical codes. Please Take others advice first.

Comment

Originally posted by electricguy View Post
            And handyman cannot replace broken /worn receptacles in homes with rental suites or Apartments

https://www.technicalsafetybc.ca/blo...tal-properties

This sounds like a good thing. I have seen some handymens work and it can get pretty bad.
            They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
            She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
            I can't help it if I'm lucky

sigpic

Comment

Of course it will still happen, but if it happens to discourage a few handymen from doing it I think that’s great. I’ve seen some pretty sketchy work done by handymen and homeowners out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My question is, how do inspect the installation of a light fixture?

Comment

Working...
                X