FT6 Rated power cables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plenum_troubles

Has anyone seen plenum rated power cables? I've got an electrical room requiring a 1000A feed and it surrounded by office spaces that utilize a return air plenum. My understanding of the NBCC is that all cables passing through the plenum space (which will be every cable leaving the electrical room) are required to be plenum (or FT6) rated, given the building is 'non-combustible'.

Problem is, I can't find any FT6 rated 600V cables. My understanding, is that ladder cable tray is not allowed, and cables can be FT4 rated provided they're installed in metallic conduit (such as rigid). Is this my only option at this point?

Has anyone seen plenum rated power cables? I've got an electrical room requiring a 1000A feed and it surrounded by office spaces that utilize a return air plenum. My understanding of the NBCC is that all cables passing through the plenum space (which will be every cable leaving the electrical room) are required to be plenum (or FT6) rated, given the building is 'non-combustible'.

Problem is, I can't find any FT6 rated 600V cables. My understanding, is that ladder cable tray is not allowed, and cables can be FT4 rated provided they're installed in metallic conduit (such as rigid). Is this my only option at this point?

Single conductors? You can use teck cable as long as you strip the jacket off to the armour.

Status
Not open for further replies.