Anyone in the bathroom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drktmplr12 View Post

of course, that means we need to add moisture sensors to alert the cleaners!
    Or an electric fence charger w/ wires along the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbqranch View Post

Or an electric fence charger w/ wires along the wall.
      Debunked by Mythbusters... Our "streams" look solid to us, but when viewed with a high speed camera they are a stream of separate droplets at about 6" from the "source", so no conductivity backward. And yes, they filmed it with high speed cameras.
      __________________________________________________ ____________________________
      Many people are shocked when they discover I am not a good electrician...

I'm in California, ergo I am still stuck on the 2014 NEC... We'll get around to the 2017 code in around 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by electrofelon View Post
        I love those in use lock sets. I can't believe how infrequently they are used. It's so awkward having to try the doors or be in there and have someone knock then have to say "it's going to be a while....."
        Agreed. Here, in UK, these in use locks are in all public places like restaurants, pubs, shopping malls. Usually it is just a red sector that is shown. I don't know if they are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Jraef View Post

Debunked by Mythbusters... Our "streams" look solid to us, but when viewed with a high speed camera they are a stream of separate droplets at about 6" from the "source", so no conductivity backward. And yes, they filmed it with high speed cameras.
          I don't intend to test this out myself.

Especially with most the fencers you see local farmers/ranchers using - they often have 12-15 kV output, and can jump a pretty good gap.
          I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Comment

Physics must have changed in the last 70 years, because I ended up on my backside in a muddy field road. I thought I had been struck from above.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayHair View Post
              Physics must have changed in the last 70 years, because I ended up on my backside in a muddy field road. I thought I had been struck from above.
              OK, I admit a mistake here. Mythbusters debunked a story of peeing on an electrified rail, not a fence.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDY-0ijiOEQ
              But apparently they later did a fence and found that you COULD get close enough to it to present a path for current to flow.

I'm in California, ergo I am still stuck on the 2014 NEC... We'll get around to the 2017 code in around 2021.

Comment

Just put a mirror over each stall, lol

Comment

Originally posted by sameguy View Post
                  Just put a mirror over each stall, lol
                  I think you can get fired for that now, maybe for even just mentioning it.

Comment

https://www.top5reviewed.com/automat...-toilet-seats/
                    add a switch/sensor to it then turn on an LED

Comment

Wouldn't this be simpler and cheaper?

Comment

Be..., sure but where's the fun in that? Up sell!

Comment

Originally posted by sameguy View Post
                          Be..., sure but where's the fun in that? Up sell!
                          Well, sitting on the bog is not a fun activity. I had severe ulcerative colitis. You plan your route by where the loos are..........

Comment

Originally posted by Jraef View Post

One would hope...

I'm in an office complex that has 5 stories and restrooms shared by everyone on each floor, probably 6 different companies on our floor. Somewhere on our floor is a guy who has the worst aim I have ever seen. It's almost as if once he is inside of stall he not paying ANY attention or something (probably talking on his cell phone). Not a week goes by that I don't have to call the building manager to send in a cleaner even though the cleaners have taken to cleaning the bathroom just on our floor 3 times per day now because of him.
                            His parents should be ashamed.
                            That is just nasty. That guy needs someone to call him out on his filthy lack of control.
                            Make him start cleaning up his own mess, he will start aiming properly or start sitting down.

I guess his mama or his wife cleans up after him at home.

There can’t possibly be an excuse for that. It’s just pure lack of training and sorryness...

Comment

https://youtu.be/S5ysFm8NsSU

I believe they use switches in the door frame

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr_Suds View Post
                                https://youtu.be/S5ysFm8NsSU

I believe they use switches in the door frame
                                it was my understanding the toilets have mandoors. those rely on a switch mechanism in the latch. not sure that latch would be compatible with a mandoor.

Comment

Working...
                                X