My Wyotech teacher tonight argued with me about grounding

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered
Zenith Education Group (Non-profit), which was formed as a subsidiary of ECMC (a company that helps students manage their loans) to purchase the remaining Corinthian Colleges (Everest College and Wyotech). It appears the government was in support of this transition.

There is a program for students to recover money they owe for loans backed by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which was part of the purchase deal.

Looks like all the CA schools were closed, and only about 50 remained open nationwide, with some being transition only. From checking curriculum not all campuses even provide electrician training.

Hopefully this will be a good indication that this new operator will make them more legit; and maybe expand the programs where there is a market.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Hope it works out for you.
Good luck.
Many of the utilities offer free classes in various portions of the trade.
Lighting controls, This is going to be a big portion of commercial electrical in the future.

energy code.

Solar

You might want to look at that.

As a teacher of electrical apprentices myself it blows me away how much people in our profession don't know. That being said I can't fault someone for not knowing but humility goes a long way. Even teachers can be wrong.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Johnnybob

I have an A.A.S. in Electrical Maintenance and Automation, and I cannot imagine how I would have completed my degree without the math classes. AC theory, Transformers,, Motor Controls, I mean, how would you calculate power factor correction without some trigonometry? Or any electrical calculations. Ohm's law? Without algebra and the ability to transpose formulas? It boggles the mind (of course my mind boggles easier than some, lol)!

MasterTheNEC

CEO and President of Electrical Code Academy, Inc.
Occupation
CEO
I have an A.A.S. in Electrical Maintenance and Automation, and I cannot imagine how I would have completed my degree without the math classes. AC theory, Transformers,, Motor Controls, I mean, how would you calculate power factor correction without some trigonometry? Or any electrical calculations. Ohm's law? Without algebra and the ability to transpose formulas? It boggles the mind (of course my mind boggles easier than some, lol)!
Great Calculators....:thumbsup:

Eric Maher

Sounds like the someone needs to learn the definitions of grounded conductor and grounding conductor. 120V and 277V systems need a grounded conductor (the neutral) in order to operate. No system needs the grounding conductor for equipment operation but it needs to be there for personnel and equipment protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.