Oregon General Supervising Electrician

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anybody aware of any prep classes offered for the OR license. I have taken this test 2x, and failed it 2x. I have gotten very close both times, however need to pass next time. Also if you have any advice on passing that would also help!!

Eric Maher

I can't tell you where any prep classes are in Oregon since I now live in Iowa, but having held an Oregon license once I know how difficult it is to get. Fortunately I never tested in Oregon, I reciprocated in from Colorado. I knew guys who tested in Washington and reciprocated into Oregon. I don't think you can do that now. Your best resource you have are the guys you work with or your employer to find classes as well as advise for taking the test. I think most community colleges offer classes. I have tested three times over my career. Colorado residential and journeyman, and Iowa masters. They were all difficult. My best advice I can give is to relax, don't spend over 30 seconds on any one question - answer the ones you know and then go back. Use all the time allotted for the test, its not a race. Most of all do not try to memorize the code book but learn how to use it efficiently. All the tests I have taken, I would say about 90% of the test is word for word out of the book, you just need time to find them. One personal idem to pass on that I tripped up on is don't get concerned over the difference between VA and watts. As far your test is concerned treat them as the same. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.