Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida Journeyman's license and masters license.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida Journeyman's license and masters license.

I do not fully understand the qualifications needed to earn a journeyman card and an masters license. Does it go by counties?

Yes. In the state of Florida, the Journeyman & Master Certification is regulated at the county and municipal level. These are NOT licenses to contract electrical work. The Florida ECLB licenses electrical professionals.

So, if you want to be a certified journeyman or master electrician, contact your local Building Department. If you want to be an electrical contractor, contact the Florida DBPR-ECLB.
    Bryan P. Holland, MCP
    NEMA - Codes & Standards

Comment

Originally posted by bphgravity View Post
      Yes. In the state of Florida, the Journeyman & Master Certification is regulated at the county and municipal level. These are NOT licenses to contract electrical work. The Florida ECLB licenses electrical professionals.

So, if you want to be a certified journeyman or master electrician, contact your local Building Department. If you want to be an electrical contractor, contact the Florida DBPR-ECLB.

Got it. Thank you

Comment

I've heard it's rather expensive to get the Florida contractor license when you factor in the courses and other fees. Anyone have insight on this?

Comment

Originally posted by peter d View Post
          I've heard it's rather expensive to get the Florida contractor license when you factor in the courses and other fees. Anyone have insight on this?

Comment

Originally posted by mbrooke View Post

Comment

Originally posted by peter d View Post

Comment

Working...
              X