North Carolina Unlimited Master Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmd654

Hello,
I am currently scheduled to take the North Carolina UL Exam in late March. My question is has anyone recently taken this exam and can offer any additional study guides or practice exams? Been working through the MH 2017 study material, but this exam also requires Fire Alarm and a Business Law Section. Any information would help.

Thanks
KD

sparky999

Hello,
I am currently scheduled to take the North Carolina UL Exam in late March. My question is has anyone recently taken this exam and can offer any additional study guides or practice exams? Been working through the MH 2017 study material, but this exam also requires Fire Alarm and a Business Law Section. Any information would help.

Thanks
KD

Using MH study material should take care of the NEC portion. I used practice exams from NECQuestions.com for help with the Fire Alarm and Buisness Law portions.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Hello,

Thanks
KD

I last took the exam in 1980 or so and there weren't any Fire Alarm questions but both my guys have taken the test within the past year. There is a book that you can buy from the board of electrical examiners that contains this info.

The ncbeec.org website also has a downloadable examination information handbook (free) on the testing info along with sample questions. https://www.ncbeec.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/ONLINE-2018-PSIExamBulletin.pdf

good luck [MENTION=159196]kmd654[/MENTION]

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
This is what the pdf states on the alarm questions. For the unlimited there is a total of 15 questions

LAWS, RULES, BASIC BUSINESS PRACTICES, AND PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS
a. Electrical Contractors Licensing Law (General Statutes Chapter 87, Article 4)
b. Board’s Rules for the Implementation of the Electrical Contractors Licensing Law (Title 21, North Carolina Administrative Code, Chapter 18B)
c. NASCLA Contractors’ Guide to Business, Law and Project Management - North Carolina Electrical Edition
d. Lighting and Power Plans; Estimating and General Knowledge
e. National Fire Alarm Code
[MENTION=159196]kmd654[/MENTION]

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
From the link I posted

Examination applicants must meet the following requirements for the specified license classifications:

1) Limited classification. An applicant must have at least two years of experience, as defined in Rule .0202 of this Section, of whichat least one year shall be primary experience. The balance of experience may be primary, secondary or both.

2) Intermediate classification. An applicant must have at least four years of experience, as defined in Rule .0202 of this Section, ofwhich at least two and one half years shall be primary experience. The balance of experience may be primary, secondary or both.

3) Unlimited classification. An applicant must:A) have at least five years of experience, as defined in Rule .0202 of this Section, of which at least four years shall be primaryexperience. The balance of experience may be primary, secondary or both, andB) submit with the application written statements from at least two persons, who are knowledgeable of the applicant’selectrical experience, attesting to the applicant’s ability to supervise and direct all electrical wiring or electricalinstallation work done by an electrical contracting business in the unlimited classification.

2000 hrs is one year

Status
Not open for further replies.