Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
because my question was much simpler
and that is I believe
Somebody has installed a
2p momentary contact switch w center off
Never seen such a thing in a Decora style switch, but that doesn't mean there isn't one out there either, but if so simple fix is to tie the two outputs together then no matter which way you push the switch, you get same output signal and it sort of functions same as a spring return push button would.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
YOu don't, but could still do it with two separate switches.

Well, yeah. Isn't that what I said?

Never seen such a thing in a Decora style switch, but that doesn't mean there isn't one out there either, but if so simple fix is to tie the two outputs together then no matter which way you push the switch, you get same output signal and it sort of functions same as a spring return push button would.

It seems to me that the fixture, at $2800, would come with the control switches and plate.

-Hal

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
Why do I have to go searching for the spec sheet? https://image.ylighting.com/is/content/modern/LCPP161751_specpdf

Looks like they are calling for an on-off SPST switch and a momentary NO push button. They have them separate on a single plate. 4 conductors from the fixture.

I don't know how you would do that with a single switch.

-Hal

I have an X10 switch that combines on/off and dimming in a single button. Push-on/Push-off. Push & hold to dim or brighten.

kwired

Electron manager
I have an X10 switch that combines on/off and dimming in a single button. Push-on/Push-off. Push & hold to dim or brighten.

That's not two switches. It's a dimmer.

-Hal

Going a little deeper in technicalities, it has some sort of mini processor inside, that switch is just an input device to the whole assembly. It is programmed to do different things depending on duration of the input signal. The switch mechanism itself doesn't directly switch the output of the assembly like it does for the switches that are the main topic of this conversation are typically used.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
kwired said:
Going a little deeper in technicalities, it has some sort of mini processor inside, that switch is just an input device to the whole assembly. It is programmed to do different things depending on duration of the input signal. The switch mechanism itself doesn't directly switch the output of the assembly like it does for the switches that are the main topic of this conversation are typically used.

Actually this operates the same way except that the switches are remote from the fixture and the fixture contains the mini-processor. I believe the switches are LV. They control the mini-processor through 4 conductors. Line voltage is run directly to the fixture.

-Hal

kwired

Electron manager
Actually this operates the same way except that the switches are remote from the fixture and the fixture contains the mini-processor. I believe the switches are LV. They control the mini-processor through 4 conductors. Line voltage is run directly to the fixture.

-Hal
I was replying to the comment about an X10 control device, but yes I think what you described is about what OP has.

Status
Not open for further replies.