Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virginia Journeyman Electrician Exam

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Virginia Journeyman Electrician Exam

    Does anyone have taken and any experience and pointers for the Virginia Journeyman Electrician Exam?

    Thanks much in advance!

    #2
    The test is about knowing how to use the NEC, not about memorization.

    Look for sample electrician tests online. Plenty available free.

    Remember that power factor can never exceed 1.
    Master Electrician
    Electrical Contractor
    Richmond, VA

    Comment


      #3
      Larry, Thanks much for the guidance, I found two good sites:

      Electrician Practice Tests (http://electricianpracticetests.com)
      Electrician Exams Practice Tests (http://www.electricianexampracticetests.com)


      and plan to get
      PSI Journeyman Electrician Practice Exam
      Mike Holt 2017 Journeyman Practice Exam
      Ray Holder 2017 Journeyman Electrician Exam Questions and Study Guide


      Yes, try to figure out how to be more familiar to use NEC. I am thinking to cut and paste the TOC and then fill in and highlight all the important info while I am going thru the test questions. This way, I may a have better idea of some of the questions and focus areas.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Jay Myer View Post
        Larry, Thanks much for the good advice.


        Yes, try to figure out how to be more familiar to use NEC. I am thinking to cut and paste the TOC and then fill in and highlight all the important info while I am going thru the test questions. This way, I may a have better idea of some of the questions and focus areas.
        There is one very important step to take when taking any test. Read the question very carefully and make sure what they are really asking or understand the question.

        There will be a few questions on any test that are really hard to find the correct answer. These hard questions count the same as the easier questions so down get bogged down with a hard question.

        When you take these sample test learn to use your time efficiently and don't take to long on any one question. Make sure you can finish in the allowed time.
        The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

        Comment


          #5
          [COLOR=#3E3E3E]
          [/COLOR]
          [COLOR=#3E3E3E]


          [/COLOR]
          Hi growler,

          Thanks much for your this great piece of the advice and I am reading up some other time management tips too.

          From the practice test, some of the calculation questions do take a lot of time to look up different tables and also seem easy to make mistake on those too.

          Don't know about what percentage of the test is calculation questions and just curious how Virginia Journeyman Electrician test different than other states?

          Thx!

          Jay

          Comment


            #6
            my elder brother has given the virginia journey man electrician exam couple of months ago and now he is working with some private firm.

            Comment

            Working...
            X