E2 Journeyman Exam prep for CT USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbuxo

Im closing in on my required 8000 On-the-Job hours (in CT, USA) and need to prepare for the test for my license. Im looking at Mike Holt's 2017 Online Code Quiz for $43 which has " over 2400 Code questions in random". Is it any good? Would it be better to use online quiz like this which randomizes questions rather than the books?

Has anyone bought good E2 exam prep books from Amazon.com or anywhere they can recommend? I would like to prepare ASAP and don't really want to spend hundreds on the sets Mike holt offers if possible. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks

-I must confess I posted this on other forum elsewhere as I am looking for help.-
951ab2cba2b5391c172fe351f4297098.jpg
097af995b9af7517716cf9494b4acc42.jpg

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

cbuxo

YES! The Code quiz is great! I used that when I took my license exams. I kept taking 30-question quizzes until I consistently scored above 85%.
Thanks for the answer. So The online code quiz was good for you? Did you use any of the books?

jeff48356

Thanks for the answer. So The online code quiz was good for you? Did you use any of the books?

I didn't use Mike's books, but I found another one that was extremely helpful and allowed me to pass all my exams on the first try. These came from "tests.com":
Master Electrician Practice Exam Kit - 2014 NEC
Add the Online Interactive Version: instant scoring, review, reporting, etc.
Add Practice Calculations Exams 2014-NEC EBOOK Edition

But the key is to take ALL of the exams, answer ALL of the questions in the package, including all of the calculation questions. Have your NEC book handy while taking the practice tests. Simulate the environment as if you're at the exam center.

Status
Not open for further replies.