Electrical Inspector License in NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical Inspector License in NY

Does anyone know how to obtain an electrical inspector license in NY? Not just for residential areas. Greatly appreciate it.

Do u mean to work for the NYC dob or your own outfit?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nickelec View Post
      Do u mean to work for the NYC dob or your own outfit?

Consulting company that is looking for an electrical inspector for all electrical and communications work.

Comment

Are you saying that the consulting company is looking to employ their own electrical inspector?

As was asked, where? NYC or elsewhere in the State?

-Hal

Comment

Originally posted by hbiss View Post
          Are you saying that the consulting company is looking to employ their own electrical inspector?

As was asked, where? NYC or elsewhere in the State?

-Hal
          Yes, in NYC. They want to see that during the construction phase that installations does not go against the NEC code.

Comment

I would think the consulting company would either train you or tell you how to get certified or licensed.
            They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
            She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
            I can't help it if I'm lucky

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ansel View Post
              Yes, in NYC. They want to see that during the construction phase that installations does not go against the NEC code.
              You wouldn't need to be licensed to do that, just someone that knows the Code. There are classes.

Now, if they expect you to inspect and sign off on a job then you would need to have the certification BUT I don't think it would be legal because of conflict of interest.

NYC has their own inspectors so becoming a NYC inspector isn't going to happen.

ETA: Some information here- https://www.electricianschooledu.org...cal-inspector/

-Hal
              Last edited by hbiss; 07-10-19, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I have never seen anyone but a NYC dob inspector on a job here as a licensed electrician if I had some consultant telling me how to install my work there would be alot of issues on that job I assume most people here would feel the same

Comment

Agreed.

If you don't have AHJ status nobody is going to take you seriously. Only going to cause problems.

-Hal

Comment

Originally posted by hbiss View Post
                    Agreed.

If you don't have AHJ status nobody is going to take you seriously. Only going to cause problems.

-Hal
                    Exactly

Comment

Working...
                    X