Exam question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exam question

So if you are asked a question on an exam, do you answer the question without using any exceptions to that particular rule?

I know Mike addressed this back when I had his Maters course that was on VHS, but I cant remember his direction as to use the rule without taken in consideration any exceptions if not asked? I just cat remember, but hopefully someone on here can help?

Thanks in advance

Usually I would say answer without exceptions unless it specifically asks in regards to the exception

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nickelec View Post
      Usually I would say answer without exceptions unless it specifically asks in regards to the exception

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      That's what I thought, but wasn't positive!

Thanks

Comment

Smart$ always said to answer without the exception. I never did and that's why I did poorly on tests. Personally, I think it is incorrect to answer without the exception unless the question states so.
        They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
        She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
        I can't help it if I'm lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
          Smart$ always said to answer without the exception. I never did and that's why I did poorly on tests. Personally, I think it is incorrect to answer without the exception unless the question states so.
          I agree completely, but if they specifically do not mention "exception " in the question , if a person want to get the test question correct I'm assuming they would need to ignore the exception?

I'm taking the Florida Unlimited this coming week, and that's why I'm asking!

Comment

Would it be any better to reply, "Although in some circumstances exceptions may apply, the general answer is..."

Of course, you'd better be sure exceptions do exist!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulMmn View Post
              Would it be any better to reply, "Although in some circumstances exceptions may apply, the general answer is..."

Of course, you'd better be sure exceptions do exist!
              You've never taken an electrical exam have you?

Roger

Comment

Originally posted by horses View Post
                So if you are asked a question on an exam, do you answer the question without using any exceptions to that particular rule?

I know Mike addressed this back when I had his Maters course that was on VHS, but I cant remember his direction as to use the rule without taken in consideration any exceptions if not asked? I just cat remember, but hopefully someone on here can help?

Thanks in advance
                In my experience all the electrical exam questions concerning code questions excluded exceptions unless specifically including them in the exam instructions.

Roger

Comment

So if a question states that overcurrent protective device cannot be installed in a bathroom how would you answer T or F?

Sucky question IMO

Comment

So if a question states that overcurrent protective device cannot be installed in a bathroom how would you answer T or F?

Sucky question IMO
                    The question would have to have more information, what type of building for example.

Roger

Comment

Originally posted by roger View Post
                      You've never taken an electrical exam have you?

Roger
                      No. As my profile says, I'm an Interested Bystander.

If an electrician says "hand me that," I do.

If an electrician says "hold this steady," I do.

If an electrician says, "when I nod my head, hit it," I do.

Comment

The question would have to have more information, what type of building for example.

Roger

I know--- my point is that some questions cannot be answered as the tester intended. If you do residential your immediate response would be T but if you do commercial work you would answer F

Comment

I know--- my point is that some questions cannot be answered as the tester intended. If you do residential your immediate response would be T but if you do commercial work you would answer F
                          With out specifying a type of building the answer T would have to be accepted. This still doesn't change the "exceptions" not being included in an exam unless the instructions specifically include them.

Roger

Comment

With out specifying a type of building the answer T would have to be accepted. This still doesn't change the "exceptions" not being included in an exam unless the instructions specifically include them.

Roger
                            Well thanks for all of your Input, but tomorrow morning I will take the Florida Unlimited exam , and I will not consider exceptions unless it mentions them in the questions!

Oh and Roger... yes I have taken electrical exams before!!

Comment

Originally posted by horses View Post
                              Well thanks for all of your Input, but tomorrow morning I will take the Florida Unlimited exam , and I will not consider exceptions unless it mentions them in the questions!

Oh and Roger... yes I have taken electrical exams before!!
                              Wish you good luck. As you probably know this is one of the most difficult state exams in the country.
                              It has been my experience in electrical exams they usually give some guidance on this such as "Excluding Exceptions, what is the max OCPD for xxx...".

Comment

Working...
                              X