Electrical Inspector

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanowets

I hold a masters electricians license in VA. I work for a large electrical contractor and moonlight as a 2nd year apprentice instructor. I am interested in getting certified as an electrical inspector general. I have no plans to work as an inspector but i would like to give accredited code classes for those seeking continuing code education for license renewal. I am under the impression that an inspector can give this accreditation. There is currently no one in my area that does this for local contractors.

I think i am heading in the right direction. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

bphgravity

Re: Electrical Inspector

This is basically what I did. I saw a need for continuing education in my little corner of Florida that none of the big guys covered. (Mike Holt, Tom Henry, etc...

Here in Florida, Each professional board establishes continuing education criteria for license holders in that profession. In order to provide CEU's to local contractors and inspectors, I was required to meet certain qualifications, and provide course specifics to the board. After approval, I was setup as a course provider. I then had to register each of the courses I planned to provide. In order to provide any new courses or to change my existing curriculum, I simply need to inform the board.

I would call your state licensing board whom every that may be and find out what is required to be a course provider in VA.

JohnE

As Bryan said, check with your state board. Massachusetts doesn't recognize IAEI certification for any professional qualifications, and process of being a provider are similar to what Bryan described for Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.